Stuttering for a few seconds at beginning of movie

rob77

Hi

I am running the Emby Android TV app on a shield pro 2019. When playing direct on my local network I have noticed on high bitrate content there is a stuttering for the first few seconds of the movie. It then settles down and then it plays smoothly. I have tried sideloading the android app and this plays smoothly from the start. Any ideas?

Cheers

rbjtech
4 hours ago, rob77 said:

Hi

I am running the Emby Android TV app on a shield pro 2019. When playing direct on my local network I have noticed on high bitrate content there is a stuttering for the first few seconds of the movie. It then settles down and then it plays smoothly. I have tried sideloading the android app and this plays smoothly from the start. Any ideas?

Cheers

Wifi or wired ?   It's likely attempting to fill the playback buffer and needs a few seconds to do so.     There used to be options to change the buffer size, but these have been long removed. 

If it only at the start, then other than wiring or providing a better wifi signal, I'm not sure there is much that can be done .. ?

btw - I'm wired and don't see these issues, after the circle for maybe 2 seconds, it's starts playback without issues.

Edited by rbjtech

Thank you rbjtech

I am wired on a gigabit network. Most films are fine, it is just some high bitrate rips (50GB+) that it seems to effect. Also it does not do it on the android mobile app which I have sideloaded.

Many thanks

Rob