Unable to connect from Emby for Android

brandonmedia909

brandonmedia909

Hello,

I'm unable to connect from Emby for Android App after changing the password. I've uninstalled the App and reinstalled it again still getting invalid user name and password.

Is there anything you can help?

Thank you,

Brandon

GrimReaper
18 minutes ago, brandonmedia909 said:

after changing the password

Which password? Your local user or Connect account?

brandonmedia909

Yes, I can connect from local machine with the user. But, one the Emby Android App I keep getting invalid username and password.

GrimReaper

Is that local or remote connection from Android client app? And are you connecting through Connect or with local credentials? 

brandonmedia909

I have uninstalled Emby for Android and reinstalled again still does not work. Is there an another Android client app I need to download?

GrimReaper
9 minutes ago, brandonmedia909 said:

Is there an another Android client app I need to download?

There is not.

How about:

34 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Is that local or remote connection from Android client app? And are you connecting through Connect or with local credentials? 

brandonmedia909

I've gotten it connected after I created a new username and used new email address. The old username and email address that I used to connect before are still showing in used.

Is it possible to deleted them? @Abobader

Thank you for your help.

Brandon

brandonmedia909

I was trying to connect to my own Emby server from my Android tablet. I was able to connect it after I created a new username and used new email address. The old username and email address that I used to connect to the Emby server from Android app are still showing in used. Is it possible to delete them from the server?

Thank you for your help.

Brandon

5 minutes ago, brandonmedia909 said:

I was trying to connect to my own Emby server from my Android tablet. I was able to connect it after I created a new username and used new email address. The old username and email address that I used to connect to the Emby server from Android app are still showing in used. Is it possible to delete them from the server?

Thank you for your help.

Brandon

Good day,

The account you can not connect is this one? If yes, then remove yourself from emby server from the users - profile (option) emby connect, then apply the change by click on save.

After that re add the account to connect again from users - profile at the emby server.

My best

brandonmedia909

This is the old username and email address that I can not connect from Android app I keep getting invalid username also it does not recognize the email address.

This is the old username: brandonmedia and email address [redacted] that won't connect from Android app.

The new username and new email address connect okay

Edited by GrimReaper
Email removed

I'm seeing a similar behavior. I've been logged off on all my devices. When I authenticate using "Sign in with Emby Connect" via "Select Server" it redirects me back to the "Select Server" screen. Then I click my server and the local user authentication fails. I've tried multiple accounts on the local authentication and all have failed. 

1. Method:
    500 Internal Server Error
  3. Referrer Policy:
    strict-origin-when-cross-origin

I'm on OMV (debian server). 
Edited by teiva

seanbuff

@teiva have you tried re-linking your Emby Connect account with your local account?

image.png.38c33b0e6fe0e76bc6d3aae33c2e9c3c.png

Remove the email address, hit Save.

Re-enter the email address, hit Save.

You should see a popup indicating the account has been successfully linked.

I cannot authenticate with my local account. I've tried 3 different local accounts. They'll all have returned 500 errors. How can I relink my account if I cannot authenticate into my Emby app > Server dashboard? 

Happy2Play

I am confused as Local and Connect are two different accounts and have two different login methods.  If is failing locally then the question is what does the login screen look like?

"When I authenticate using "Sign in with Emby Connect" via "Select Server" it redirects me back to the "Select Server" screen." There's no invalid password or username prompt. I tried 2 different Emby Connect accounts. 

I tried 3 different local accounts and received the invalid password or username prompt (500 error). 

I wasn't able to connect with my local credentials. I tried 3 local accounts at least 5 times each time. I was confronted with invalid username and/or password prompt. After rebooting the server I was able to authenticate through my local credentials as usual. 

🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, brandonmedia909 said:

This is the old username and email address that I can not connect from Android app I keep getting invalid username also it does not recognize the email address.

This is the old username: brandonmedia and email address: bsongemailzone@gmail.com that won't connect from Android app.

The new username and new email address connect okay

I apply force password reset to: brandonmedia

After you rest your password, now try to add the above user to connect, let me know how this went.

brandonmedia909

Yes, I don't have any problems connect to Emby Connect from client windows using chrome browser.

Can you send a password reset again for this old username: brandonmedia and email address is bsongemailzone@gmail.com? Because the email password reset you sent earlier was expired before I got to it.

Thank you for your help.

Brandon

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/23/2023 at 7:31 PM, brandonmedia909 said:

Yes, I don't have any problems connect to Emby Connect from client windows using chrome browser.

Can you send a password reset again for this old username: brandonmedia and email address is bsongemailzone@gmail.com? Because the email password reset you sent earlier was expired before I got to it.

Thank you for your help.

Brandon

@brandonmedia909 are you able to reset your Emby Connect password here?

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/lostpassword