Collection - Force Add External IDs

manicjonah

i think you are missing the point. the Identify button shows up for all movies. All movies - not conditionally.  But if it's not a movie, you might not see it there. For instance, you're not going to see it for home videos.

So how does a video become a movie? By following the folder structure guidelines for movies:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/674-media-files-folders-structure/

You fix that, you get your identify button, and all is good in the world.

It is the same with plain folder structure vs series folder structure. We don't hack around here. We do things right and that's why there is no force button. If we give you a force option you're just going to see side effects in other areas, and then you're going to complain about those....hey man, i forced my folder into a tv series but then the metadata didn't save right. What gives?...Well, you're not following the supported folder structure for a tv series, so go fix that and have a nice day.

jriker1

Okay, Thanks.

@@Luke - this is probably related to the problems I encountered with the backup/restore of collections.  Something in the collections refreshing logic is wiping out the contents of the collections for some reason.

Any updates on this?  Not critical but thought I would check.

Thanks.

JR