Shield Tv emby beta and pushover notification?

robjbw
Go to solution Solved by Robybw,

For the life of me, I can't setup the notification for pushover in the shield tv. I'm running the beta version of emby server (4.8.0.21 beta). I have installed the pushover plugin. But when I go to add a notification in the "notifications" tab under "Admin" by selecting the pushover selection, nothing happens. No window pops up so I can input the pushover user key in there. I'm out of ideas. I don't know what to do.

I have moved from plex to emby. And I always liked that Plex would show me notifications in my phone that new content was added. But I have no clue why emby doesn't have this feature built in. Maybe it does, but I don't know where to enable it?? Help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

• Like 1

GrimReaper

Having no issues installing/configuring Pushover notifications on beta 4.8.0.21.

image.png.2b3c7b01b37b55ac501b4c6bbfd6f62f.png

image.thumb.png.c9d011799d288213839816cf15752515.png

Do you maybe have any browser extension that might prevent pop-up window opening?

Yeah, no blockers. I've tried different browsers too. I also used my phones browser etc. I don't get that window to input the key. 

? Where do I see that?.

But then again. I used my phones browser and computer. Click on pushover notification bell icon, nothing happens.

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, robjbw said:

Where do I see that?

Browser on your PC, press F12, "Console" tab.

Oh, learning new things. 

I get this message:

Uncaught (in promise) Error: Load failed: configurationpage?name=pushovernotificationeditorjs: http://app.emby.media/configurationpage?name=pushovernotificationeditorjs&v=4.7.11.2at HTMLScriptElement.<anonymous> (alameda.js?v=4.7.11.2:1:6144)

when I click on it:

reject @ alameda.js?v=4.7.11.2:1

(anonymous) @ alameda.js?v=4.7.11.2:1

Promise.then (async)

waitForDep @ alameda.js?v=4.7.11.2:1

main @ alameda.js?v=4.7.11.2:1

(anonymous) @ alameda.js?v=4.7.11.2:1

(anonymous) @ notifications.js?v=4.7.11.2:1

Promise.then (async)

Promise.then (async)

addEntryWithService @ notifications.js?v=4.7.11.2:1

Promise.then (async)

Promise.then (async)

Promise.then (async)

addEntry @ notifications.js?v=4.7.11.2:1

rbjtech

I believe since the new Notification changes went in, these Notification Plugins need an update ..

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, rbjtech said:

I believe since the new Notification changes went in, these Notification Plugins need an update ..

OP can't get configuration window open - I have no issues doing so on beta .21. Dev might have to comment.

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, Robybw said:

Are you connecting to your server via hosted Web app (app.emby.media) or local Web app (LANIP:port)?

• Thanks 1

• Solution
2 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Are you connecting to your server via hosted Web app (app.emby.media) or local Web app (LANIP:port)?

Jesus, i don't know why, but under the dashboard, i clicked my "In-Home (LAN) access: " link and it asked me to create a user and password. I did all that, and my library were all done. From there, i was able to open the notification and click the pushover icon. The windows pop up. I'm a little confused to what just happened. But it's working. Thank you all.

• Thanks 1