Western Digital Passport Server Software

WatchingMovies

WatchingMovies

There are several Western Digital server installs but I don't see one for a Passport.  Does anyone know if the existing installs will work on a Passport?  Thanks.

The Western Digital Passport is just an external USB harddrive.  There is no way to make it into an emby server. It does not have an OS like the WD Digital devices that you can install emby server software to.

Rule of thumb: if it called a NAS and you install it on the Network with an RJ45 cable, you may find an emby server version here: https://emby.media/download.html

If you install it via USB to your computer, you cannot turn it into an emby server.

WatchingMovies

I thought so too when I purchase it.  The passport PRO actually runs on Linux Linux 1.04.17 and attaches to my router via Wifi.  I'm currently running plex on it.  I have a WD cloud that I use as a backup for the plex files I'm running on my passport.  I got frustrated with Plex not working so thought I'd try Emby.  I could not find an install for my passport but found one for my WD cloud that I installed and is now working.  The WD cloud is much older and slower than my passport.  If I could figure out which WD server Emby version would work for my passport I'd like to install it.  Please let me know if there is a version that would work.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, JoeIngram said:

E6B

Does that even support installing apps? I think it's just a hard drive.

WatchingMovies

I thought so too when I purchase it.  The passport PRO actually runs on Linux Linux 1.04.17 and attaches to my router via Wifi.  I'm currently running plex on it.  I have a WD cloud that I use as a backup for the plex files I'm running on my passport.  I got frustrated with Plex not working so thought I'd try Emby.  I could not find an install for my passport but found one for my WD cloud that I installed and is now working.  The WD cloud is much older and slower than my passport.  If I could figure out which WD server Emby version would work for my passport I'd like to install it.  Please let me know if there is a version that would work.  Thanks.

10 minutes ago, JoeIngram said:

The problem is that I think it's one of those models that comes with Plex pre-installed, but they don't actually offer a way to install other apps on it, right?