QNAP - Emby Server hogs all memory (Solved?)

DR. KAPUTNIK

DR. KAPUTNIK

I've just got started with Emby and my Qnap TS464. My first (big) issue was encountering a situation where Emby would chew up all my available memory very quickly. I have 16gb installed so this was an issue. In each case I could not optimize or clear the memory with Qboost. The Swap memory was running at 94/95% and Emby was taking like 13 of 16gb!  I  would have to do a 3 second forced reboot to clear out the problem. I haven't found a documented solution to this... so this is what I did

1. Uninstalled Emby server.
  2. Rebooted NAS
  3. Reinstalled Emby server (but Version 4.8.0.21 beta... don't know if this helped)
  4. reMapped the Libraries ... but with Enable real time monitoring NOT checked. The initial loads went fine and I will refresh as I add new media

-

I have not seen any issue since doing this. Memory utilization has been stable! It would be nice if there was a way to cap the memory within Emby.

I am very impressed with the software so far, excepting this memory issue. If it holds I will be buying the Premiere version.

Happy2Play

Server logs of when it happened may help with Realtime monitoring issue.

DR. KAPUTNIK
28 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Server logs of when it happened may help with Realtime monitoring issue.

Initially I was going to look at that... but it would lock up the server almost immediately at startup, taking up that 13gb or so within a few minutes. Once that memory was allocated to Emby I couldn't reclaim it (stopping Emby didn't work, optimizing memory wouldn't work either). I was sort of stuck.

Happy2Play

Not knowing when this happened the server saves the logs for 3 days, you can download from the Setting-Logs or get for logs folder.  You can see the path via Dashboard three dot menu-server info.

• Like 1