subtitle management, the whole management

supermood

supermood

does not really work for me. ux designer needed. 

. downloaded subtitles (from within a movie) are not choosable from outside (the movie start page) after a break you have to start another movie first to get it available

. time offset, search and Position should be on top of the list not after sometimes 30 subtitles.., or maybe even with a different icon for subtitle settings and not within the subtitles itself 

. offset needs to be saved for next session after a break. PLEASE!!! 

. downloaded subtitles should be pre chosen directly in the start page. what's the sense? after downloading it's jumping on play, you go back the whole way to find your new subtitle and to choose it!!!

. downloaded subtitle should be on top of the list not after sometimes 30 subtitles..

. changed subtile in a movie needs to be pre chosen next time after a break!!! PLEASE!!! it's really unbelievable you have to do that again and again and again... 

. smart, auto, standard or whatever kind of new setting for downloaded and last watched (not chosen from the start page) srt subtitle as the standard! with the maintained offset. name it srt auto! 

another thing,

. dolby vision movies are not marked as such, I see only hdr or hdr10, and 

. filtering for genre in compilations would be nice

downloaded subtitles (from within a movie) are not choosable from outside (the movie start page) after a break you have to start another movie first to get it available

Hi, can you please provide an example?

. changed subtile in a movie needs to be pre chosen next time after a break!!! PLEASE!!! it's really unbelievable you have to do that again and again and again... 

Hi, yes we already do this.

dolby vision movies are not marked as such, I see only hdr or hdr10, and 

supermood
46 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, can you please provide an example?

not sure I understand what you mean with example but here you go. 4 pics. on the movie start page you do not see the ( in the movie) downloaded srt subtitle. 

IMG20230117221513.jpg

IMG20230117221457.jpg

IMG20230117221431.jpg

IMG20230117221404.jpg

supermood
46 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, yes we already do this.

what do you mean we already do this? If I choose an subtitle dire tly in the movie and have break of some minutes so that I'm back at the movie start page (Screensaver) - I have to choose the art subtitle again 

20 minutes ago, supermood said:

what do you mean we already do this? If I choose an subtitle dire tly in the movie and have break of some minutes so that I'm back at the movie start page (Screensaver) - I have to choose the art subtitle again 

What do you mean by break? How exactly did you take a break?

supermood
41 minutes ago, Luke said:

What do you mean by break? How exactly did you take a break?

a pause. Screensaver. after 5 or some min I'm back at the starting page of the movie. is this so hard to understand?

so from this start page I cannot choose the subtitle I've downloaded earlier from within the movie. 

which of course is leading to one of my ten other points. the subtitle selected from within the movie is not saved. going back from the start page after a pause I have to choose again 

23 minutes ago, supermood said:

a pause. Screensaver. after 5 or some min I'm back at the starting page of the movie. is this so hard to understand?

so from this start page I cannot choose the subtitle I've downloaded earlier from within the movie. 

which of course is leading to one of my ten other points. the subtitle selected from within the movie is not saved. going back from the start page after a pause I have to choose again 

If, at that point, you press "back" and then hit the play button on your remote from there, does the previous subtitle automatically select?

Are you downloading the subtitle during playback?

seanbuff
23 minutes ago, supermood said:

the subtitle selected from within the movie is not saved. going back from the start page after a pause I have to choose again 

Okay, I just tested and it only behaves that way if you do not have this option enabled on your user profile.

image.png.2355f3638d798e9284cc04fe105a9d19.png

Which I would say, is by design. Have you checked that setting?

supermood
14 minutes ago, seanbuff said:

Okay, I just tested and it only behaves that way if you do not have this option enabled on your user profile.

image.png.2355f3638d798e9284cc04fe105a9d19.png

Which I would say, is by design. Have you checked that setting?

thanks but yes this setting is OK. any other ideas? 

Screenshot_20230118_000425.jpg

supermood
2 minutes ago, supermood said:

thanks but yes this setting is OK. any other ideas? 

Screenshot_20230118_000425.jpg

and let me explain again to be sure. 

if I choose an subtitle on the start page it's saved and OK next time 

if I choose an subtitle within the movie directly (including but not exclusively one I just downloaded) it's NOT OK next time I watch the movie after a pause of some minutes 

seanbuff

Still can't replicate with 2.0.86g

Here were my steps:

1. Start media from details page, with no subtitles selected
  2. Once playing, select [CC] icon to "Search" for the new subtitles, download SRT and it's automatically applied to playing media.
  3. Media plays for a few minutes, hit [Back] button on remote to land back at media detail screen.
  4. SRT that was downloaded in playing session is automatically selected.

Does that sound about right?

supermood
1 minute ago, seanbuff said:

Still can't replicate with 2.0.86g

Here were my steps:

1. Start media from details page, with no subtitles selected
  2. Once playing, select [CC] icon to "Search" for the new subtitles, download SRT and it's automatically applied to playing media.
  3. Media plays for a few minutes, hit [Back] button on remote to land back at media detail screen.
  4. SRT that was downloaded in playing session is automatically selected.

Does that sound about right?

would be great if it would work like that. not for me.

emby server on synology Nas and emby via Nvidia shield or LG oled c3 65.