Music Video question

swallman

swallman

I have a Music Video library setup and have a number of videos showing under specific artists.  What I'd like to be able to do is play/shuffle all music videos for the specific artist.

I assumed the Shuffle option for the artist would do that but it doesn't appear to do anything?  Is that only for music tied to the artist?  

swallman

I'm almost wondering if this is a bug...I got to this screen in the web player.  Went to my music video library, then the artist, selected the artist, then on the listing of music videos I selected All Music Videos.  This page appears.  Play all works but Shuffle says No playable items were found.

image.thumb.png.6ad67d6e86d8ee5e4b2485cb3b0f731d.png

47 minutes ago, swallman said:

I got to this screen in the web player.

So this issue was in the web app?

swallman
35 minutes ago, ebr said:

So this issue was in the web app?

Potentially 2 different issues, both related to music videos.  The screenshot I posted is from the web app.

But also wondering why the Android app won't play anything when selecting any of these 3 options (circled):

I sent logs from the Android app, attached are server logs.

Only a single user (Spencer) - time should be approx. 5:20 - 5:30 PM CST

image.thumb.jpeg.7b0e591eef21824f575ca3831eaef2b7.jpeg

embyserver.txt

22 minutes ago, swallman said:

Potentially 2 different issues, both related to music videos.  The screenshot I posted is from the web app.

But also wondering why the Android app won't play anything when selecting any of these 3 options (circled):

I sent logs from the Android app, attached are server logs.

Only a single user (Spencer) - time should be approx. 5:20 - 5:30 PM CST

image.thumb.jpeg.7b0e591eef21824f575ca3831eaef2b7.jpeg

embyserver.txt 10.17 MB · 0 downloads

Hi.  Can you try sideloading our standard android app on the same device and see how that compares?

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Thanks.

swallman

Just to add some more context to this - I tried with the IOS app (on my iPhone) and after selecting an Artist, there's an option to "See all" for the music videos.  On that screen shuffle then works.

On Fire TV app, the page for a specific artist already shows all videos, but none of the Play buttons on that page actually do anything.

Hi.  I see the issue in the TV app anyway.  That screen is for a music artist and the buttons are only looking for audio for that artist.  In the TV app this will be tricky as two different players are used for videos and songs.  We may need to just address this in the standard app.