New password needed?

Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

simonmason
On 1/19/2023 at 7:54 AM, simonmason said:

I am going to use this thread to expand the question of Emby Connect vs direct login.  All of my family users around the world find Emby Connect confusing.  All of them have one Emby server that they connect to - mine, and are never going to connect to another one or access this forum.  So am I better off issuing them passwords through the user setup panel and telling them to ignore Emby Connect?  Thanks.

Any thoughts on this?

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, simonmason said:

Any thoughts on this?

Maybe, once you provide answer.

On 1/19/2023 at 1:59 PM, GrimReaper said:

Do you have static IP/domain/DDNS or your external IP changes?

simonmason
9 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Maybe, once you provide answer.

@GrimReaperSorry totally missed that.  Static IP and my own domain.  Also, I switched emby from a dedicated machine to my unraid server last year.  I noticed that emby connect is still offering up the old Emby server despite the fact that it is long gone.  I don't see anyway to manage this and get rid of it?  Thanks.

Edited by simonmason

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, simonmason said:

Static IP and my own domain.

In that case Connect is completely redundant, you can just as well unlink Connect accounts from your users and use their local credentials to connect either to your static IP or your domain (with latter being easier, I suppose).

4 minutes ago, simonmason said:

I noticed that emby connect is still offering up the old Emby server despite the fact that it is long gone.  I don't see anyway to manage this and get rid of it?

Three-dot menu on old server thumb>Delete.

Yes, using your own domain with static IP is best, but no issue with Dynamic DNS as well, Emby Connect meant for whom do not have that or simply want easy step to do remote access to emby server.

Maximus Naxsus
On 16/01/2023 at 20:19, GrimReaper said:

It is not.

It is, as a preventive measure, for example if you haven't logged-in in certain time period.and have less than certain amount of posts.

@Abobader, maybe an announcement?

Yes please!
I'm experiencing very concerned users that think either I did a reset or that I have been hacked.

The phrasing in the email feels of as well.. Who's does the reset and why? Has it already been reset or perhaps there is *just* a new password required at the next login?

(please note that I have not read the entire thread yet)

All heil to the mods! A big thanks :) (a not so active user that dropped in to check what is going on and if it was being tackled)

[edit: typo, comment]

Edited by Maximus Naxsus

• 4 weeks later...