Downloaded content export?

Blazejos

Blazejos

Hi Team,

In my Emby iOS app I have several downloaded movies and photos for offline use, can I move it to my phone photos and videos library? Perhaps via Files app? 

Hi, they get stored in the app's private data folder. I'm not aware of a way to move the files out.

samuelqwe
5 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, they get stored in the app's private data folder. I'm not aware of a way to move the files out.

Is it not possible for Emby to store the files in the app’s documents directory, and then expose that directory in the iOS Files app? This is exactly what Infuse does and it works very well.

Something like this: https://nemecek.be/blog/57/making-files-from-your-app-available-in-the-ios-files-app

Blazejos
3 hours ago, samuelqwe said:

Is it not possible for Emby to store the files in the app’s documents directory, and then expose that directory in the iOS Files app? This is exactly what Infuse does and it works very well.

Something like this: https://nemecek.be/blog/57/making-files-from-your-app-available-in-the-ios-files-app

Yup, exactly this is needed in mobile Emby apps. I'm all in favor of keeping access to server private, yet sharing own content via other means shouldn't be so difficult.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
jon_

I know this is an old thread, but I will +1 this - looks like it's incredibly simple to implement as well, assuming the app followed standard development standards...

In terms of the 'why' - this would allow playback of offline content in third party players - eg. you could use VLC to cast a locally downloaded file to chromecast, which Emby cannot do itself. 

Edited by jon_