Video Themes work onWindows Emby, but do not display on Nvidia Shield

chevyfan2017
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

chevyfan2017

I currently have the "Movie Theme Videos" and "TV Theme Videos" plugins installed, and when I access Emby from my desktop computer and go to a movie, I can see the video background playing in the movie info section, but when I use Emby with my Nvidia Shield and the Emby app (With my videos streamed from my desktop PC) I am unable to see the background video themes for my videos, is there something I am doing wrong? what can I do to make it so that I can see the video backgrounds on my Shield?

Thanks!

chevyfan2017

I sideloaded Emby onto the shield, but it still won't play video backgrounds for any of the movies or TV shows, is there something I need to do?

• Solution
GrimReaper

App Settings>Display, make sure "Enable theme videos" option is enabled. 

chevyfan2017

One other question...do you know how to put movies into collections? I use to be able to do that where all the Jurassic Park movies showed one cover that said Jurassic Park, and then when I clicked on it, it would take me to all of my jurassic park movies.

GrimReaper

Three-dot menu (row of icons near the top, next to Filter), enable "Group items into collections" option. 

• Like 1

chevyfan2017

yeah but after doing that, there's no icon on the home page that says "Collections" there use to be an icon that said "Collections" after enabling the Group items into collections option.

23 hours ago, chevyfan2017 said:

yeah but after doing that, there's no icon on the home page that says "Collections" there use to be an icon that said "Collections" after enabling the Group items into collections option.

Check your emby user home screen options. You may have hidden it. The visibility (or lack thereof) is not tied to the group items into collections display option.