Feature Request - Hide unsupported subtitle formats

KodiTV72

KodiTV72

Hi, I understand that subtitle support on the LG app is limited by the LG OS and what it is capable of.

Can a setting be introduced to remove the non-supported subtitle formats from the subtitle drop-down? i.e. only show available subtitles that the LG app can display.

But can't we display all sub formats albeit some have to be burned in on the server?  Wouldn't eliminating those cause more confusion than anything else?

Dreakon13

Not sure if this is totally in the spirit of the OP, but I'd love the ability to hide/disable the image-based subtitles server wide.  My options are either to OCR everything, remux everything, or tag everything that doesn't have them so I can hide items from the users that might try to use subtitles.  These image based formats literally tank my NAS if someone does accidentally use one so I have to be careful... and a way to just prevent it altogether would potentially save me a fair amount of time, effort and headache.

Edited by Dreakon13

2 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

Not sure if this is totally in the spirit of the OP, but I'd love the ability to hide/disable the image-based subtitles server wide.  My options are either to OCR everything, remux everything, or tag everything that doesn't have them so I can hide items from the users that might try to use subtitles.  These image based formats literally tank my NAS if someone does accidentally use one so I have to be careful... and a way to just prevent it altogether would be great.

Hi.  Lend your support above.

• Agree 1

KodiTV72
9 hours ago, ebr said:

But can't we display all sub formats albeit some have to be burned in on the server?  Wouldn't eliminating those cause more confusion than anything else?

Many people have had to turn video transcoding off as it maxes out the server. Without video transcoding the Emby server can 't burn in PGSSUB.

My Emby server is a Synology DS918+ INTEL Celeron J3455. My main client is the LG app (C9) which can't play PGSSUB.

Having PGSSUB listed in the subtitles when my combination of Server/app can't play them causes confusion for my family.