Live TV no longer working in Chrome

navy12

Today live streaming from my iptv provider does not work when using Chrome on windows. Has been working great until today. I even deleted and setup emby from scratch on my linux server so see if that would fix it and it doesn't. When I try it immediately closes 

Playback Error

No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.

I have attached the logs and asking for some help. 

Edit:

Well not working on android anymore. Here are some more logs

Thanks 

ffmpeg-transcode-9256386f-6a7e-4c9e-935c-7b78f2eb5aff_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-0c80f677-78cd-41bf-b585-a85810583eb6_1.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-68a11981-53de-4c2b-a8a1-f36a15cdd095_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-493cf9e9-cb4a-40cf-8d47-83719d072f90_1.txt embyserver (1).txt

Edited by navy12

Happy2Play

Fire guess would be since the is a custom build for "whatbox.ca" you do not have Emby custom ffmpeg.

ffmpeg version 4.4.3 Copyright (c) 2000-2022 the FFmpeg developers

5 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Fire guess would be since the is a custom build for "whatbox.ca" you do not have Emby custom ffmpeg.

ffmpeg version 4.4.3 Copyright (c) 2000-2022 the FFmpeg developers

Yeah I thought about that. I noticed they have me running screen -dmS embynet dotnet ~/EmbyNET/system/EmbyServer.dll -ffmpeg /usr/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/bin/ffprobe so it is using their ffmpeg build. Is it feasible to get a hold of the Emby ffmpeg and point to that path instead?

Happy2Play

Not entirely sure about the download for this when building from embyserver-netcore-latest.zip.  Or if this is the actual issue.

@Luke@softworkz

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/113120-source-code-for-ffmpeg/&do=findComment&comment=1195753

Edited by Happy2Play

20 hours ago, Luke said:

Do we know who puts this package together and maintains it?

This is where whatbox.ca gets the netcore from https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases

I'm not sure where they get their ffmpeg from that is on each server. I'm not able to compile my own on a shared server. Is there a latest prebuilt ffmpeg that I should try to see if that fixes the issue?

Edited by navy12

Happy2Play
47 minutes ago, Luke said:

What about using our docker container instead?

These are online servers and per the other WhatBox topic they don't have this capability.

@navy12 our native packages contain a license file that includes a link to our ffmpeg source code.

So you can tell this to whomever builds this package, they can get the source from there and then use our ffmpeg build. They'll need to keep it up to date with each new Emby Server release.

For this reason, it would be  better to have them just wrap around our .deb debian package if possible.

navyfighter12
On 1/22/2023 at 1:39 PM, Luke said:

@navy12 our native packages contain a license file that includes a link to our ffmpeg source code.

So you can tell this to whomever builds this package, they can get the source from there and then use our ffmpeg build. They'll need to keep it up to date with each new Emby Server release.

For this reason, it would be  better to have them just wrap around our .deb debian package if possible.

They are running the shared servers on gentoo so they won't be able to wrap around a Debian package

On 1/29/2023 at 1:34 PM, Luke said:

Are you able to report this to them?

@Luke This was there unhelpful response. Doesn't look like they will be helping fix the issue

I'm sorry to say that we will not be using a forked version of ffmpeg specifically for Emby, however you could either compile ffmpeg in userland, or there should be precompiled binaries available that you could use.

Edited by navy12

18 minutes ago, navy12 said:

@Luke This was there unhelpful response. Doesn't look like they will be helping fix the issue

I'm sorry to say that we will not be using a forked version of ffmpeg specifically for Emby, however you could either compile ffmpeg in userland, or there should be precompiled binaries available that you could use.

Could they grab them from our existing ubuntu packages?

18 hours ago, Luke said:

Could they grab them from our existing ubuntu packages?

They said no and closed the ticket. Is there a way I can grab your ffmpeg myself and point Emby to it? Not sure why they're being so difficult about this. Emby doesn't work fully so you would think they would want it to work :(

• 2 weeks later...

@navy12 you could download our .deb or .rpm packages from our website and extract the ffmpeg build from there, although to be honest, I don't see that working out well. Ideally it should be built for the platform that it's going to be used on.