Have a library sorted by networks??

sross44
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

sross44

So I’m not sure if this possible, but I’m curious to know how others do it if they do. I’ll use the following as an example of what I’m looking for. 

I have a rather large library of TV shows on my server. Right now they’re just in a library called TV. I know that on the web app you can search by network, but would it be possible to have additional libraries based off of something like tags? So you could have your main library of TV shows and then an additional library of say Netflix shows or ABC shows etc?

I hope this makes sense 

GrimReaper

I assume it will be possible once the ever-elusive Smart Playlists feature gets implemented (IIRC that's still highest-voted FR around).

In the meantime, you might check out community-made plugin and see whether it'll work for your needs:

sross44
Just now, GrimReaper said:

I assume it will be possible once the ever-elusive Smart Playlists feature gets implemented (IIRC that's still highest-voted FR around).

In the meantime, you might check out community-made plugin and see whether it'll work for your needs:

So I was thinking smart playlists would work, but when doing TV shows, it just goes to list all the episodes of all the shows since it’s a playlist. So in the example of Netflix you’d see all the episodes of multiple shows listed. It doesn’t then break it down by show and then episode. 

rbjtech

The browser version does allow you to filter by networks .. but other clients do not .. which is a shame.

Maybe it's in future versions as I'd like to see this too.

image.thumb.png.4bbb4918cd7775079b9d6d4a72fcadc3.png

sross44
1 minute ago, rbjtech said:

The browser version does allow you to filter by networks .. but other clients do not .. which is a shame.

Maybe it's in future versions as I'd like to see this too.

image.thumb.png.4bbb4918cd7775079b9d6d4a72fcadc3.png

Yeah like I said I know it does in the browser. Just didn’t know if it’s possible create additional libraries that show this. That was the hope. Especially for my external users like my parents who like to know what’s on different networks etc

rbjtech
11 minutes ago, sross44 said:

Yeah like I said I know it does in the browser. Just didn’t know if it’s possible create additional libraries that show this. That was the hope. Especially for my external users like my parents who like to know what’s on different networks etc

Sorry - didn't properly read your first post ..

On the AndroidTV client you can actually filter by Studio - and it then lists all the shows from that Studio - but it's not very user friendly and effectively applies a 'filter'.  But it's not obviously the filter is applied - so you forget about and then think, where have all the TV Series gone ... 😮

I totally get what you are after - I'd like the same - just a QUICK way to show the Studios/Networks as a list - and it then shows all the TV Shows from that selection, going back to normal if you back out.

Edited by rbjtech

sross44

It's doable in Plex fairly easily I realized. Opened up Plex for the first time in forever to try it. You can tag them in a colleciton and then under TV shows, you can choose collections. While this is doable in Emby... .Clicking on Collections no matter where you are, takes you to ALL collections. Wondering how easy it would be to have seperate collecions for movies and shows. Just a thought for down the road, but it would make more sense to have collections limited to libraries. 

GrimReaper
4 minutes ago, sross44 said:

Wondering how easy it would be to have seperate collecions for movies

That is already possible for movies, each movie library has a Collection tab. 

sross44
18 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

That is already possible for movies, each movie library has a Collection tab. 

Well then collections for shows would be pretty awesome

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, sross44 said:

Well then collections for shows would be pretty awesome

Coming in 4.8.

• Like 1

• Solution
Happy2Play
48 minutes ago, sross44 said:

Is this already in the beta?

Actually, it got ported in 4.7.11.0 also.  Assuming you have items from that library in a Collection.

image.thumb.png.432bdfd25be64eb61a17f2cbc54b1658.png

• Thanks 2