Synology Music Library scan

kfrain

Happy2Play

It varies but 1TB of music is a lot of items and probing every track does take time.

Only thing you can do is check the server log to see what it is doing.

• Thanks 1

OK I see that it is taking a long time but it's not stuck. There is active scanning activity right until the end of that log file. I would just give it time and allow the scan to finish. The first time scanning your library can take longer because it is probing your files for media information. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

4 minutes ago, kfrain said:

Hi, where are you looking for it? Did you check library access for your Emby user to ensure the user has access to the new library?

Happy2Play

4 minutes ago, kfrain said:

What do you mean not showing up as the scans clearly show media being scanned?

Doesn't apply to library scan but you need to disable RealTime Monitoring or apply the patch.

The configured user limit (8192) on the number of inotify watches has been reached, or the operating system failed to allocate a required resource.

In either the mobile app or on the web app no tracks showing up - where do you set user access to the Library? Looked under the 

Library tab and did not see it?

Happy2Play
9 minutes ago, kfrain said:

Just found it under users access, hopefully that was the missing piece. Thank you

Yes when users already have restrictions and new libraries are added you have to manually adjust users.

Was that your issue as we have no idea what "no music showing up" means?

I add the user to the library still not getting anything to show up. Images below are from the web access. Image 1 with the music tile under my media, click on that and then the second page with no data.

Screenshot 2023-01-18 at 10.22.03 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-01-18 at 10.22.17 PM.png

Happy2Play

Little confuse by the images as it appears you never left the Home screen per the headers.

Also what path did you use when you setup the library?

previous logs

Info LibraryMonitor: Watching directory /volume1

current log

Info LibraryMonitor: Watching directory /volume1/music/Music Downloads/Tracks

Not sure if anything was changed on your side but woke up this morning and did a refresh and looks like all the music is displaying as it should. Thanks for assisting with this.

Oh well spoke to soon. Had to log out and just logged back in and back to blank screen. Log file should show that I was able to play a track earlier. I did decide to pay for premium since you have been so helpful.

Screenshot 2023-01-19 at 12.03.00 PM.png

embyserver (4).txt