Junk playlists populating Playlist section and cannot be deleted

OuterHeaven11
Go to solution Solved by OuterHeaven11,

OuterHeaven11

I have two MP3 media folders on my Windows server, one called "Old" and one called "New". I don't want the old stuff in my Emby music library, so I only added the "New" directory to Emby, which dutifully indexed all of the files without an issue. When I created the initial music library I accidentally left the option "import playlists" checked. Now the Playlist section of the Emby sidebar has been auto-populated with hundreds of playlists that were derived from the "Old" MP3 folder, which was not included in the Emby music library. This is because many of those folders have .m3u files in them. So it seems I need to uncheck the "import playlists" option and recreate the Music library in Emby.

My question is, why is Emby importing playlists from folders elsewhere on my server that were not included as media directories? 

Edited by OuterHeaven11

Hello OuterHeaven11,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

why is Emby importing playlists from folders elsewhere on my server that were not included as media directories? 

Hi, Emby does not do this. Can you please provide an example? Thanks.

• Solution
OuterHeaven11

My mistake, I had the folders mixed up. Feel free to delete this thread so my stupidity doesn't confuse others.  

• Thanks 1