new series invisible in Kodi with emby-next-gen

weyb

Hi,

I installed Emby next-gen 6.2.20 a few months ago (because i had a problem with deleted movies which were still visible on Kodi)

all was ok & now I have an other problem : the last new series are visible & ok in Emby server (on my PC), but don't appear in Kodi

I noticed that I don't see the Emby connection notification which used to appear when Kodi launched

so yesterday I connected manually to Emby server, it was ok but nothing changed in Kodi series window

I don't know what to do next

thank you vey much for your help !!!

regards

quickmic

Try 7.X quite sure it will fix the problem.

If you experience any issues with 7.x, please let me know cause this is close to be tagged as stable.

Edited by quickmic

Hello,

in fact, as I checked the "update automatic" box in the parameters, I'm already with the 6.2.22 version, but I can't update to the  7.x version

I clicked on the "update" button & I arrived on a page showing me the 6.2.22 version

???

I saw smthg strange : just after launching Kodi, on the top-right corner of the TV, I saw a Emby percentage staying at 0% during a long time (as if it tried to update the movies & the series without succeeding)

regards

quickmic
4 minutes ago, weyb said:

Hello,

in fact, as I checked the "update automatic" box in the parameters, I'm already with the 6.2.22 version, but I can't update to the  7.x version

I clicked on the "update" button & I arrived on a page showing me the 6.2.22 version

???

I saw smthg strange : just after launching Kodi, on the top-right corner of the TV, I saw a Emby percentage staying at 0% during a long time (as if it tried to update the movies & the series without succeeding)

regards

Are you using the beta repo?

Hi,

I did it when it was released, and it was a catastrophy, I had many problems (I don't remember which ones, it was a long time ago...)

i had to rollback, it took a lot of time, lot of stress, so I don't feel like upgrading / I'm afraid too - especially because I'm very satisfied with this version...

why change smthg that runs right ?

no ?

quickmic

Why you are not giving a trail run on a PC to sort out the Kodi 19 and/or plugin 7.X issues?

About the issue, there are so many changes from 6.X to 7.X and I'm not spending to much time on 6.X review. Actually 7.X will be tagged as stable quite soon.

What you are reporting in 6.x could happen, yes.

6.x has design limitations (which also includes sync issues in some cases). But if wanna keep Kodi 18 and 6.x it's fine, but you must live with them.

What you are saying is, never change a running system, and I'm not following here. Do you still run on Windows XP or maybe on Dos 😉

If I should review this issues, you need 7.X cause I'm not debugging a problem which could be already solved.

I'm working with computers since a loooong time & I'm quite tired to upgrade all the time...

(my TV shield GUI was upgraded & i lost the possibility to launch automatically kodi after the boot  because the extension don't run on this new version 😞)

sometimes it's useful - for security reasons for example, but many times it's only because it brings new features though we don't use 80% of the old ones...

but ok i understand your point of view of course, you won't lose time on a problem which can be already solved, so i'll try a "trail run" (i didn't know that expression) on my pc ASAP & tell you what happens (i think i have to do it 1st with kodi 18.9 & emby 6.x to be sure the problem happens also on my pc, so that will take quite some times !!!)

regards

quickmic
41 minutes ago, weyb said:

Hi,

on Windows there is the Kodi20.0 version : should i try it or the v19 instead, as a trail run please ?

Should not make any difference (for emby for kodi next gen plugin). If you use other plugins as well, it's up to you to decide.

Edited by quickmic

ok thank you !

I'll try the v20 (knowing that tonight, all the series appeared on kodi 18.9...)

Edited by weyb
  • Like 1