corrupt library

iambman

Hi.. Emby somewhat newby here...  I have Live TV, Recorded Movies, and Recorded TV primarily. During a move of large TV shows to my recorded tv folder, My computer crashed while Emby was updating (reasonably sure anyways). Since that happened, No Recorded TV shows are listed. I see a "Scan Media library failed" error. My Live TV and Recorded Movies are fine. I have a lot of Meta/guide data on my Live TV and that is what I am most concerned about when addressing rebuilding the library.  What steps should I take to retain as much good library and Live TV meta data (including guide date, etc) to rebuild my library. I am trying, if possible, to only rebuild the Recorded TV without causing me to much pain. I hope this is clear and thank you in advance.  ps. I dont have a back up of a good library (but I will be sure to after I get everything back) but I do run the plugin backups and have a few recent ones but I thought that was the answer, but i seem to be incorrect in my assumption.  attached is the embyserver log.. let me know if you need anything else

embyserver.txt

Edited by iambman
adding log file

Hello iambman,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

I ran the integrity check and it came back with no errors. the steps stated for me to move to next step if I found errors. There were none. Not sure what I am supposed to do next, but did I rename my library file and restarted and a new library was created are showing and are functional. Is there a way for me to copy my existing meta data for Live TV to this new database so my updated information is included so I dont have to recreate all the metadata? again, I hope I am clear..

Edited by iambman
adding more info

On 1/13/2023 at 6:55 AM, iambman said:

I ran the integrity check and it came back with no errors. the steps stated for me to move to next step if I found errors. There were none. Not sure what I am supposed to do next, but did I rename my library file and restarted and a new library was created are showing and are functional. Is there a way for me to copy my existing meta data for Live TV to this new database so my updated information is included so I dont have to recreate all the metadata? again, I hope I am clear..

HI, as far as Live TV goes, if you just refresh the guide data then that should allow it to repopulate. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.