Updating Userdata enmasse accross multiple items

ginjaninja

ginjaninja

image.png.4a94f26b44a9342aa145229f0f2a6f90.png

if im copying curated userdata from multiple users to another user....can i prepare a json of userdata for multiple itemids and post them in one go?

i found this endpoint but i think thats for one id at a time.

thanks.

Cheesegeezer

Yep you can, are you scripting or c# or java?

key to this is you need to get all the items in a selected library or libraries. Store them in a variable. You should do this from your master userdata. 

Then iterate thru your variable using a for or foreach loop and update the userdata for othere users from the master user data.

itll take some figuring out to get it right but should be doable and pretty straightforward 

ginjaninja
4 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Yep you can, are you scripting or c# or java?

key to this is you need to get all the items in a selected library or libraries. Store them in a variable. You should do this from your master userdata. 

Then iterate thru your variable using a for or foreach loop and update the userdata for othere users from the master user data.

itll take some figuring out to get it right but should be doable and pretty straightforward 

Thanks..ive got it working looping through the data ...calling the endpoint above for each singular itemid..is that what you mean? this is quite slow for 75000 item ids. do you know of a way to update multiple itemids of userdata with one submission to the api?

edit: im using powershell fwiw

Edited by ginjaninja

Cheesegeezer
22 minutes ago, ginjaninja said:

Thanks..ive got it working looping through the data ...calling the endpoint above for each singular itemid..is that what you mean? this is quite slow for 75000 item ids. do you know of a way to update multiple itemids of userdata with one submission to the api?

edit: im using powershell fwiw

It shouldn’t take too long. But you will need the control to inject new user data per item.

nope i don’t know any mass upload api call. 

ginjaninja
1 hour ago, Cheesegeezer said:

It shouldn’t take too long. But you will need the control to inject new user data per item.

nope i don’t know any mass upload api call. 

thanks, i think the issue is as much one about my language/code; theres lots online about powershell's  invoke-webrequest's poor performance in large loops. it took a few hours to run through. i  need to learn a proper language 🙂

Cheesegeezer
27 minutes ago, ginjaninja said:

thanks, i think the issue is as much one about my language/code; theres lots online about powershell's  invoke-webrequest's poor performance in large loops. it took a few hours to run through. i  need to learn a proper language 🙂

Come to c# … i would be happy to help. We could work thru converting one of your many scripts to a plugin. 

be great to get another emby dev up and running… @rbjtech also wants to make the move! 

ginjaninja
13 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Come to c# … i would be happy to help. We could work thru converting one of your many scripts to a plugin. 

be great to get another emby dev up and running… @rbjtech also wants to make the move! 

thank you for the offer of help i am very interested. Before the recent Emby dev show reveal of the ?new plugin environment/ways of doing things? i had a go trying to copy the base of an existing plugin and i got as far and a compiling a dll, putting in my plugins folder and having a configuration pane but with no functionality. I got totally lost with plumbing things in, all the interfaces and gets and sets, the raw language of the c# wasnt so much the issue (i could at least make progress/look things up). Its been a year since i watched a 200 (i think) episode Youtube tutorial on c#. If you can help get me started with Emby plugin development / the fundamentals, i would bite your hand off, thank you.

• Like 1