Carplay audiobooks interface

Foot_Kaput

Foot_Kaput

Recent switcher from Plex due to privacy concerns.  I have a shiny new Emby lifetime now.

Plex + Prologue + carplay has been a very positive experience for me.

Emby's native client on Carplay is lacking some features when I compare them. Three biggest would be a section dedicated for audiobook usability, short rewind/fast forward buttons and a speed control.  I can use those functions on the emby client on IOS, but should be using just carplay while on the road.  The emby web interface and emby theater have all the right information available, just not in the client on car play.

I've included screenshots from Emby and Prologue.

emby-playing.PNG

prologue-playing.PNG

prlogue-main.PNG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

HI, Emby for iOS 2.2.6 has been released. Please try it out and let us know how it compares. Thanks !

• Like 1

Foot_Kaput

Just checked it out.  The 10 second forward/reverse is awesome and very helpful!

Any chance for speed selection, or a recently played/continue reading audiobook section? Both are in the IOS app, but don't display on the car screen.  Typically I'll set the speed and keep it constant for the whole book, so that's not huge if it's not there. 

I am truly grateful for even acknowledging this post, let alone taking action.  Thank you!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Foot_Kaput said:

Just checked it out.  The 10 second forward/reverse is awesome and very helpful!

Any chance for speed selection, or a recently played/continue reading audiobook section? Both are in the IOS app, but don't display on the car screen.  Typically I'll set the speed and keep it constant for the whole book, so that's not huge if it's not there. 

I am truly grateful for even acknowledging this post, let alone taking action.  Thank you!!!

Hi, yes those are things we can look at. Thanks.

• Like 1