Trailer For TV Series?

skidmarks
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

skidmarks

Wasn't sure if i was the beta that i run 99.9% of the time so i decided to check the official release as well.   I have added a extras folder to a lot of my TV series folders over the years.  Then added a -trailer file here so i could see a series promo (aka trailer) within the series.  Right or wrong way to do it i dont know...  the last time i looked the wiki doesn't address adding a trailer / promo to TV series.  But this method had worked and does work to display trailers with the other methods i have available to me (unless these are not from my local files).  I know this did work in roku, but doesnt seem to work any longer.

Last night i attempted to just add the -trailer file in the series main folder and that does not seem to work either.  Only thing i havent tried was to add a season 0 folder and try it in there.  

Is there a right way?  For TV Series?  I have just been mimicking the same setup as movies for this.

Thanks.... 

Exactly what are you trying to do?  Get a trailer to show up on the detail screen or cinema intros or what?

• Solution
GrimReaper
40 minutes ago, skidmarks said:

Then added a -trailer file here so i could see a series promo (aka trailer) within the series.  Right or wrong way to do it i dont know...

44 minutes ago, skidmarks said:

Last night i attempted to just add the -trailer file in the series main folder and that does not seem to work either.

44 minutes ago, skidmarks said:

Is there a right way?  For TV Series?  I have just been mimicking the same setup as movies for this.

For TV shows, trailer must be located in \trailers subfolder, <tvshowname>-trailer.ext in main series folder (like for movies) won't do.

image.png.22afc59dcf2a7bda55d935c3cf9714f2.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

skidmarks
1 hour ago, ebr said:

Exactly what are you trying to do?  Get a trailer to show up on the detail screen or cinema intros or what?

trying to get the trailer (in this case tv series promo) to play in the detail screen specific to that TV show.  Not a random, so people can see what the show is and what its about.  worked in roku at one point (i am pretty confident).  then the way i was doing it with the extras folder it was working and then not too long ago using this same method a season 0 was being created automatically but at the same time the trailer was available at the same place that the movie trailer would show up in the description screen.  Now i dont get anything in roku that will display the trailer / promo file that is marked with the -trailer.   

It appears according to @GrimReaper post right above that over the years i might have been using another one of my now famous work arounds and what i have been doing should have never worked!  Strange i do have all these "trailers" available to me on the server side in TV Series.  Which make me now wonder if that is even using my local TV Series "trailer" files?

I have never used a trailer folder ever.  not during MB or any time till today.  But i will make trailer folders for TV Series and report back.  I am positive @GrimReaper solution, and sharing his knowledge, with ultimately resolve my issue.  Never realized a trailer folder was the key here!

Edited by skidmarks

skidmarks

So i have to ask....  if i look at TV series on the server home screen i do get promo / trailers for TV Series.  Seems to be only for shows that i added, in my now to find out wrong way, extras->filename-trailer for.  So these trailers i see on the server are not coming from my local files?  Isn't that a crazy thing...

Well thanks everyone, i will make the necessary corrections in my file structure!