Only "mono" sound on some Channels?

taker1988
Go to solution Solved by taker1988,

taker1988

Hello,

I recognized, that I only have mono sound on some Live-TV channels. E.g. on the History Channel. When I watch this channel directly with my receiver it works well. If I watch it with Emby, I only have sound on my left speaker.

There also should be no problem with my TV/AV-Receiver, cause other channels work also without problem. Whatever if I use the receiver or Emby.

What could be the problem here? I attached a screenshot what I see on the webinterface and also the servelog, where I currently watch that channel.

Screenshot 2023-01-10 104844.jpg

embyserver.txt

taker1988

Hi, 

I did that right now. I hope it worked. My time Was 17:29 o clock. Germany. Username was 'Sascha' 

Edited by taker1988

Hi.  We are bitstreaming the 5.1 Dolby track so whatever is doing this must be the TV or audio equipment.  Or, the track is actually bad...

taker1988

Hmm, do you have maybe a idea what could that be? When im watching this channel via my linux-receiver its fine.

on that receiver i have installed a plugin which is called HDtunerproxy which allows me to get my channels on the Embyserver with the HDHomerun Plugin.

I tested many channels and all seems to work just fine, but History Channel doesn´t. :( 

I'm really not sure.  The app is sending the encoded bitstream out.  How is everything connected together?

taker1988

Okey. I connected it like that:

Cable Provider --> Coaxial-cable --> AXAS E4HD Ultra --> HDMI-Cable --> Denon AVR-X2500H --> HDMI-Cable --> HDFury DIVA --> LG OLED55C17LB - This is working fine!

and with Emby integrated, I connected it like that:

Cable Provider --> Coaxial-cable --> AXAS E4HD Ultra --> HDtunerproxy Plugin (Plugin that "converts" the Receiver to a HDHomerun Device) --> Emby Server with HDhomerun Plugin on Synology DS720+ --> NViDIA Shield TV Pro 2019 --> HDMI-Cable -->  HDFury DIVA --> LG OLED55C17LB

17 minutes ago, taker1988 said:

NViDIA Shield TV Pro 2019 --> HDMI-Cable -->  HDFury DIVA --> LG OLED55C17LB

Where is the receiver?

taker1988

Ooops, sorry :D

Cable Provider --> Coaxial-cable --> AXAS E4HD Ultra --> HDtunerproxy Plugin (Plugin that "converts" the Receiver to a HDHomerun Device) --> Emby Server with HDhomerun Plugin on Synology DS720+ --> NViDIA Shield TV Pro 2019 --> HDMI-Cable --> Denon AVR-X2500H --> HDFury DIVA --> LG OLED55C17LB

If the Shield is hooked directly to your AVR then the audio stream has to be bad - perhaps mangled by the proxy in between....?

taker1988

Hmm, but why only on that channel? 

If I watch other channels, also UHD or 720p with Stereo, 5.1 Sound... All fine. It's just that one Channel. I don't understand that. 

taker1988

I took some photos. Maybe that helps?

On photo number one you can see that my AVR uses DD+

On the second photo you can see on the bottom (written in blue) what the HDFury says

and on the third photo you see that de AVR uses the same as in photo one.

(Photo 1 = AXAS Receiver, Photo 3 = ShieldTV /// Photo 2 = switching from AXAS to ShieldTV)

I will record a tvshow and try it.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

The first pic is just plain DD while the last one is DD+.  Both appear to have some outboard processing applied (the DSurr).  Can you put the AVR in "Pure Direct" mode or turn off any and all processing modes it may have?

taker1988

Good morning, 

I tried it now with recording. On the first photo (where you see the History channel logo) I have also only sound on the left speaker if I chose German AC3 5.1, but if I chose English AC3 Stereo, than I also have German sound and it's working fine. 

I tried the same on Live-TV (second photo where you can see the head of a woman). If I choose German AC3 5.1, than I only hear the left speaker. If I choose English AC3 Stereo, than it works fine, but than I have really English sound and not German like I was testing with the recorded tvshow. :D

Weired, isnt it? 

//edit: As you can see...2 different tvshows. Maybe "Skinwalker Ranch" was only aired with 2 German lines and "eXplained with William Shatner" was aired with German AND English language.

20230112_073749.jpg

20230112_074249.jpg

Edited by taker1988

taker1988

I tested a bit more now. I dont know if my problem is solved now, cause another show is coming now on Live-TV.

As you can see in the Photo with the opened menu, I hit "Wiedergabekorrektur", than I was asked if I have problems with sound playback or if I have problems with picture quality/playback. I said yes, than the Live-channel was reloaded and it worked now.

I also attached a photo where you can see the nerd statistics.

20230112_080211.jpg

20230112_080327.jpg

• Solution
taker1988

I managed it. I have chosen an other format on my AVR. Now it is working with all channels. :)

20230113_104207.jpg

1.jpg

Edited by taker1988

Okay, as i suspected, it was the Dolby Surround processing in the AVR that was messing it up.  Glad you got it sorted.

• Like 1