Screen display layout in content such as Disney Plus

CAPRICORNX10X

CAPRICORNX10X

luke,
It is possible to apply a screen layout on the content page like in Disney Plus.
I think it's much better. I tried to create an example myself on how it should look more or less in emby.

disney.jpg

test emby.jpg

MBSki

I don't quite like Disney+, but I would like some more options. Being able to filter the options already available in the home screen would be a nice start.

That looks almost identical to our TV layouts now (especially with the Enhanced Home Screen).

visproduction

I like bright backgrounds and overlays.  I know some people find this too busy.  There is some blur behind some text areas and for desktop mouseover darkens the background of the description text, making it easy to read and highlight on hover, for each button.  I think this works most of the time.  Of course, often some part of the background is hidden by the large media poster.  You can scroll down all the way and the entire background is visible, because of another css tweak.

Too bright, too much color?  What do you all think?
348849314_Mediapagewithcustomcssbrightbackgroundandsomeareasblurred.thumb.jpg.11399cb80bcb8d4dec9eb8fb3131c376.jpg

Media page with custom css bright background and some areas blurred - Mobile.jpg

Edited by visproduction

GrimReaper
6 minutes ago, visproduction said:

I like bright backgrounds and overlays.  I know some people find this too busy.  There is some blur behind some text areas and for desktop mouseover darkens the background of the description text making it easy to read and highlight on hover each button.  I think this works most of the time.  Of course often some part of the background is hidden by the large media poster.  You can scroll down all the way and the entire background is visible because of another css tweak.

Too bright, too much color?  What do you all think?
348849314_Mediapagewithcustomcssbrightbackgroundandsomeareasblurred.thumb.jpg.11399cb80bcb8d4dec9eb8fb3131c376.jpg

I'm like in the opposite camp and prefer it toned-down and sorta minimalistic, somewhat similar to @arrbee99's style:

image.thumb.png.c81d922a31438d8a7bf0460e7558e954.png

• Like 2

CAPRICORNX10X
6 hours ago, Luke said:

Have you explored the display options that we have?

Are you sure there are options to choose from?  I didn't see any.

seanbuff
1 minute ago, CAPRICORNX10X said:

How can i see that on tv? 

You can't. Client apps aren't customizable via CSS (only the web app)

You are limited to the client view options available per app.

CAPRICORNX10X

Look... I think that in a situation like this regarding the display layout preference, because there can be many preferences and everyone likes something different. And emby should be different from disney+ or netflix where it is a closed software where there is no community and forums to improve the software. And emby does allow it. I think it is appropriate to allow several style approaches in the display layout.  Or even let each of us choose how and where everything will be. to create such a tool.  That would be awesome.  And it will not only affect the web.

Android as well.

Luke and ebr what do you say?

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, CAPRICORNX10X said:

Luke and ebr what do you say?

Hi.  I still say your example looks almost identical to what we have now.... 

image.png

CAPRICORNX10X
25 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  I still say your example looks almost identical to what we have now.... 

No. The example you gave is Enhanced Home Screen.
I'm talking about how it should be inside the movie screen.

11 minutes ago, CAPRICORNX10X said:

The example you gave is Enhanced Home Screen

Actually, it isn't it is inside a library which is analogous to the first image you posted.

Your second image example looks bad to me because the backdrop image is a somewhat clumsy size.   Our equivalent:

image.png

CAPRICORNX10X
28 minutes ago, ebr said:

Actually, it isn't it is inside a library which is analogous to the first image you posted.

Your second image example looks bad to me because the backdrop image is a somewhat clumsy size.   Our equivalent:

Okay. can agree
But at least there is a possibility that the logo and all the other details and the text will be higher up?

GrimReaper
3 minutes ago, CAPRICORNX10X said:

But at least there is a possibility that the logo and all the other details and the text will be higher up?

I'd like them more down

• Like 1

CAPRICORNX10X
Just now, GrimReaper said:

I'd like them more down

Yeah I know ...
There are so many preferences here lol

arrbee99

Yep, lower down for me.
But options would be good, much as I'd like some kind of colour picker instead of the limited themes we get, and the colours in the new app are worse than ebrs.

CAPRICORNX10X
4 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

Yep, lower down for me.
But options would be good, much as I'd like some kind of colour picker instead of the limited themes we get, and the colours in the new app are worse than ebrs.

What is than ebrs? He has his own app ....lol