Linux fullscreen issue multiple monitor setup

grenadecx

grenadecx

Hi there!

I've recently started to use Emby Theater for Linux (in Ubuntu) but switched back to the browser because when you enter fullscreen mode, you can't type in input fields in other applications on any of the other montitors, which is really annoying. If there's a fix for this it would be awesome! It works fine if you're not in fullscreen however.

grenadecx

If Emby Theater is on focus and fullscreen, clicking on an input in another application basically does nothing. If I click on for example the addressbar in chrome, it will flash for a milisec but don't get focus so I can write. Same with this comment I'm writing just now, if Emby Theater is in fullscreen and focus, I can't click and write on this comment box. But if I click at the toppbar to get focus of this window, then after that I can click. Same behavior counts for all applications I've tested so far. If needed I can record a video of it happening.

Now when I think about it, the flashing, maybe it's Emby stealing back focus for som reason?

Edited by grenadecx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
MANTISxB

Welp, sorry to necro but this is the only place im seeing this reported. 

Issue persists on Garuda (Arch Based) Linux. 

- When in full-screen on center monitor it seems to not allow usage of any of my other (2) monitors. If i maximize it from the task bar in KDE it will snap to the edges of the screen and work temporarily, but after a video is played, i can no longer use anything on my other monitors. As the other user stated, you can click on URL bars and typing boxes but it will click for a second and immediately draw attention back to Emby preventing you from doing anything.