All TV recordings failed yesterday evening

pnwtn

Hi, was an ffmpeg recording log generated? Please attach that as well.

What is the source of the live tv?

Hi, I've attached all the Emby logs for that evening. I don't think that they contain ffmpeg recording logs. We were also watching recorded programmes via the Emby app on the LG TV that evening.

Live TV is Next PVR via the plugin. It was mainly TV programmes about Rod Stewart I was recording, with a couple of episodes of "Mystery Road: Origins" if that helps identify what you need to find.

All has been working fine before and since that evening. 

Emby Logs - Evening 7Jan2023.zip

emveepee

Are these radio recordings and not TV?  I see this message To ignore this, add a trailing '?' to the map.

Martin

emveepee

The NextPVR logs showed the BDA drivers stopped delivering data after tuning,.  A small amount of data was sent but then NextPVR closed the tuenr after about 20 seconds with 0 data.   Emby seems to keep retrying every 3 minutes or so on the failure,  but nothing changed from the tuner so you received many small files.  Since it is working now I can only call it a glitch with drivers, signal, atmospheric conditions.  I don't think NextPVR or Emby could have handled this differently.  If this had been a NextPVR recording it might not have exited if the 20 second delay was somehow do to data transmission delay, live TV demands a steady stream.  Not sure what your TVNext use case would do in this scenario.

Martin

Still all working fine.

Drivers may be an issue since it's Windows 7 drivers on WIndows 11, but other than that evening they have worked OK.

Signal or atmospherics problems have, over the last 12 years using Windows Media Center anyway, just caused the occasional picture breakup or very occasional loss of picture altogether for maybe 30 seconds. Never a whole evening's worth of complete failures. Is NextPVR more sensitive to this sort of thing than WMC?

I don't think I need any more help with this unless it keeps happening.

Thanks,

Phil

emveepee

NextPVR and WMC (and probably TVNext in the future) all use BDA drivers on Windows.  

The only other test if you happen to notice the 3 minute files cycling in  Emby to see is to see if a recording works in NextPVR.  To prepare, you would also have to change config.xml in Nex to have Live TV use your tuners in the same order as recordings so that it uses the same tuner.

Martin