I need to backup and clean up my install

ReadySalted
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

ReadySalted

About a month ago I couldn't access my emby server using the machine it's on. The webpage wouldn't load. I fixed it by downgrading and it continued to work for a while until today when it stopped working again. I haven't touched anything for a while so I guess something in an update keeps messing with it.

Eventually I got to the point where I could access the webpage but I had to set up everything again, which sucks but I started to it. And then when I was messing around, my old library came back with everything set up perfectly all thumbnails and watched status, etc.

I want to be able to back this up now so that I can make a clean install, keeping my library paths, settings and which things I've watched. Which folders should I back up, please?

• Solution
GrimReaper
5 minutes ago, ReadySalted said:

fixed it by downgrading

Never recommended due to dB changes in later versions which are irrevocable, and way more often than not resulting in severe instabilities - or nuked library altogether. 

6 minutes ago, ReadySalted said:

I want to be able to back this up now so that I can make a clean install, keeping my library paths, settings and which things I've watched. Which folders should I back up, please?

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159936-configuration-backup

ReadySalted

I backed up, then uninstalled, wiped everything and restored it (which took an AGE) and that seems to have done the trick, thanks. That premiere license came in handy.

• Thanks 1