Access window shares

jriker1

jriker1

Couldn't find a good answer to this, lot of people guessing or doing ungodly mapping on the OS level of shares to other servers.  Anyway, I currently have Emby running on a physical server that has an attached storage drive.  This is all Windows 2016.  Accounts are all local Active Directory based.  I am now trying to setup Emby on a Linux virtual and access those shares.  So I know Emby is running as user "emby" in Linux.  User doesn't login and doesn't have a password.  I assume when I try and UNC map Folders in Emby it's trying to access them as "emby" so that would fail.  How am I supposed to get this to work short of switching back to a Windows install of Emby?

HI, I would suggest mounting the shares to a local path using the linux OS, then add that local path into Emby Server. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

As Luke mentioned, the first thing to do is to mount the shares to a local path, but you'll need to make sure that you are using an account and password that the Windows server recognizes.

example:

sudo mount -t cifs //windows_server_ip_address/share_name /mnt/local_folder_name -o username=windows_account,password=windows_password

Make sure to assign the Emby Linux account appropriate permissions to the local folder.  Once you get that tested out and validated, update /etc/fstab so that they auto mount at boot time.

• Like 2