Bring back the Gear that lets you add to playlist while a video plays

ninjagk1066

ninjagk1066

Please can i get an explanation what happened to this feature.  It was the main reason i used emby to help me catalogue thingsI was watching something. To repeat im talking about when you could click the gear icon to add your current playing video to a playlist. 

seanbuff
8 minutes ago, ninjagk1066 said:

im talking about when you could click the gear icon to add your current playing video to a playlist

Any particular app?

It's still there for me

image.png.75438a8a9b8744093fcacd156373adad.png

ninjagk1066

Hey thanks for the quick reply. I am referencing the webapp. Yes that is the current feature. It used to be save the singular clip to a playlist or collection of your choice, now it adds the entire que which if you are on shuffle can be hundreds of videos. 

Edited by ninjagk1066
app specific
  • Like 1

seanbuff
9 minutes ago, ninjagk1066 said:

It used to be save the singular clip to a playlist or collection of your choice, now it adds the entire que which if you are on shuffle can be hundreds of videos. 

I see. Thanks for the clarification.

It's not something I've used before so I'll leave @Luke to comment on the rationale behind the change.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I miss this feature as well. I've been holding off on upgrading to 4.8 because I like to be able to add a video to a playlist while I'm watching. Can we not just put that in the Gear menu? Or a right-click menu? Or even under the info tab would be fine. In 4.8, I have to exit from the video first, add it to the playlist, then resume watching the video.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2023 at 6:47 PM, Sam87hg said:

I miss this feature as well. I've been holding off on upgrading to 4.8 because I like to be able to add a video to a playlist while I'm watching. Can we not just put that in the Gear menu? Or a right-click menu? Or even under the info tab would be fine. In 4.8, I have to exit from the video first, add it to the playlist, then resume watching the video.

HI, yes we'll need to find a way to work it back in. Thanks.