Keep Emby Theater on top in windowed mode

aaearon
Go to solution Solved by geomusicmaker,

aaearon

Is there a way to keep Emby Theater on top while in windowed mode? I am currently using an external player (VLC) to accomplish this however the downside to using an external player is that the playback progress is not being tracked.

HI, there is currently no option for this, although it's probably a good idea to add. Thanks.

• 9 months later...

Any progress on this or any insight to the priority of the request? This is the only thing keeping me using an external player (VLC.)

Thanks for taking the time but your response doesn't directly answer my question.

Will the feature be added to Emby Theater in the near future? As customers are we able to view upcoming, short term features for Emby Theater or help give priority?

HI, we are currently working on a new windows app to replace Emby Theater for Windows. with the new app, adding this sort of feature will be easier to do. I don't have an ETA on this specific feature but it's something we can look at adding in future updates. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution
geomusicmaker
On 1/3/2023 at 7:57 AM, aaearon said:

Is there a way to keep Emby Theater on top while in windowed mode? I am currently using an external player (VLC) to accomplish this however the downside to using an external player is that the playback progress is not being tracked.

A possible solution you might find useful for Emby Theater (and other apps) is the "Always on top" function of Microsoft's Power Toys (not sure if I'm allowed to link here or not??)

It's a great suite of extra functionality for Windows and solved this problem for me. It can be toggled with a simple Win+Ctrl+T shortcut on whichever window you have focused at the time.

• Like 1