Force Transcode Multi-Channel Opus? (2.0.83g / Server 4.8.0.21)

nmkaufman
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

nmkaufman

When I play a video file with multi-channel AAC, the emby app transcodes to AC3 due to "channel limit exceeded."

When I play a video file with multi-channel OPUS, emby let's the audio direct-play, and my TV decodes it as stereo.

Is there a way to override this behavior, and let emby know my TV doesn't support this format? Similar to the DLNA device setup?

It's the GoogleTV UI on a Sony sony x91j/x91cj TV, in case that matters.

edit: 'Playback correction' resolves this issue, but I'll need to remember to do it every time (even for the same movie.) 

I would still like to make this behavior permanent, if possible.

Edited by nmkaufman

• Solution

Hi.  It is converting the audio on the server actually due to the option to do that set in the app.  We'd have to look at expanding the scope of that option.  Thanks.

• Like 1

nmkaufman

Converting the audio is what I want (trasnscode unsupported multi-channel audio to Dolby Digital).

The issue is that it works for AAC but not OPUS. It direct-plays multi-channel OPUS, which my TV does not support.

Edited by nmkaufman

• 3 weeks later...
nmkaufman
On 1/18/2023 at 5:16 PM, Luke said:

Can you try updating to the latest version of the sideload build?

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

We've updated our embedded video player to the latest version. Let's see if it plays better with that. Thanks !

I sideloaded Emby for Android 3.2.91 and it worked great but still direct-plays Opus 5.1 and sends stereo to my receiver.

One of my gripes about my Sony TV is that the UI is very dumbed down.

I have no way of determining whether my TV is recognizing that the file is 5.1 or not.

All I know is that my receiver is receiving 2-channel LPCM.

• Thanks 1