Color/Hue inverted

ferrocene

ferrocene

Unnecessary background info:  I have an ancient NUC with Kodi/LibreElec for my live TV needs via TVHeadend and SiliconDust HDHomerun (dual-tuner).  Been testing Emby for 4k movie rips, finally bought a Nvidia Shield TV because the Emby App on the Tizen / Samsung TV couldn't do 4k w/o crashing.  Since it looks like Emby Premiere can do LiveTV, if it (and the Shield Pro; $180+$120) can replace buying a new NUC for $500, then I'll save $$ and have a better experience!

BTW, the native HDHomerun setup was soooo much easier than TVHeadend, whose setup erased dozens of hours of my life years ago.  Although, I already had XMLTV service set up, so I re-used that.  If I don't need a TVHeadend server anymore, I can shut that service down...

Anyways, a few things that don't work:

• Playing Live TV on android phone (Pixel 7 Pro) has the colors inverted.  I don't see a setting anywhere to change this, any thoughts?  See screenshot #1
    • Looks like a known issue
  • On my desktop (firefox/ubuntu) the colors are normal, but it transcodes the video, doesn't direct play.  Also weird.  I thought it was because of closed captions defaulting to on, but when I turned CC off, it was still transcoding. (Edit: I disabled CC, and it still has captions, not sure how to turn off). See screenshot #2
  • TV on the Shield Pro is transcoding as well, see screenshot #3
    • Fixed! I had to enable Direct Stream TS files in the LiveTV settings of the Emby App on Nvidia Shield

unnamed.png

Screenshot from 2022-12-31 14-44-00.png

unnamed.jpg

Edited by ferrocene

The color inversion has been reported and seems to be caused by the MPEG2 codec. No solution is available yet, other than transcoding.

ferrocene
6 minutes ago, roaku said:

The color inversion has been reported and seems to be caused by the MPEG2 codec. No solution is available yet, other than transcoding.

Ah, thanks.  I searched for Hue and Color and got no hits 🙂