Unlocking emby for android tv

ArneM

Hi

I got a question.

I have a household with multiple google tv devices...

One in my living room, then one in daughters room, son's room... etc etc

I paid to unlock emby for android tv in my living room

Then i paid again for my daughters room (she's logging in with differten, own account so she ccan have her own playlist watch status)

Now im trying to play it on my son's room, and i need to pay again?

Serious? Is that normal?

He has own account to for own playlist.

Am i doing something wrong?

Cause its 1 household...

You need to use the same Google account as far as I know to download the app, then the unlock code also applies to your children devices.

• Agree 1

I logged with my google account in on my google tv device

Then i logged out and logged in with my sons google account (so he has his layout in google tv) in google tv.

I then downloaded  emby and logged in there with his account...

So ur saying i shouldnt have bought it twice for my daughter? But i had too cause i logged in google tv with her google account?

Its messing up lol.

So, i should log into google tv with my account... then log into emby with sons account, and i will be able to unlock emby again?

Then what happens if i log into google tv with my sons account and i start up emby again? Will it still be unlocked or will i have to unlock (pay again) ?

Edited by skank
  • Like 1

GrimReaper

Unlocks are tied to the store account (Google Play store, Amazon App store, Apple App store), not devices, and they don't carry-over neither between different stores nor between different accounts on the same store.

49 minutes ago, ArneM said:

I paid to unlock emby for android tv in my living room

Nope, you paid to unlock it for the Google account that was logged in at the time, likely your own. Now, if you log to as many devices as you wish with that same account, app will be unlocked for that account as well. If you log in with different account - it doesn't apply.

53 minutes ago, ArneM said:

Then i paid again for my daughters room (she's logging in with differten, own account so she ccan have her own playlist watch status)

Can have "her own playlist watch status" where? Within Emby or throughout GoogleTV? Don't confuse device account with users on your server, for her to have that within Emby she doesn't have to be logged in on the device with her Google account, it can be your account (giving her unlocked App).

58 minutes ago, ArneM said:

Now im trying to play it on my son's room, and i need to pay again?

Depending which Google account is logged at the time.

33 minutes ago, skank said:

So, i should log into google tv with my account... then log into emby with sons account, and i will be able to unlock emby again?

It will already be unlocked as you're logged into the device with your account.

34 minutes ago, skank said:

Then what happens if i log into google tv with my sons account and i start up emby again? Will it still be unlocked or will i have to unlock (pay again) ?

It will not be unlocked and you'll have to unlock it again. As long as you log into your devices with the same (yours) account, app will be unlocked. Once you change device account, it doesn't apply.

• Like 1

Ah i get it think.

I will try, so yes i paid too much then lol

You said... Can have "her own playlist watch status" where? Within Emby or throughout GoogleTV? Don't confuse device account with users on your server, for her to have that within Emby she doesn't have to be logged in on the device with her Google account, it can be your account (giving her unlocked App).

I meant google tv indeed.

But netflix and disney plus also have accounts , just like emby, so i guess there it doesnt matter that much, only for the youtube...

Ok i tried

I deleted my sons account on google

then back my account, then emby and i could re-unlock

Then i went back to add my son, and logged in, started emby and it was still unlocked

yay

I paid for my daughter too much :) but hey

great support, so they deserve

thx for the help here!

Anway, the forum changed looks...

I cant find the topics anymore or harder 😛

GrimReaper
4 minutes ago, skank said:

I deleted my sons account on google

then back my account, then emby and i could re-unlock

Then i went back to add my son, and logged in, started emby and it was still unlocked

Don't see how would that be feasible unless it's still in trial mode for your son's account. Maybe @ebr can shed some light there. 

8 hours ago, skank said:

yay

Because we cache the unlock status locally on the device so we don't have to keep checking with the store.

GrimReaper
5 minutes ago, ebr said:

Because we cache the unlock status locally on the device so we don't have to keep checking with the store.

Cache it for how long? Does that mean that after cache expired (week, two) and son's account was logged on the device when re-validation occured, it'll revert to not Unlocked? Or it'd remain Unlocked indefinitely? 

Edited by GrimReaper
Typo

GrimReaper

Then I was in the wrong thinking it's tied strictly to the account that Unlocked it, as that means Unlock status is transferrable between accounts on the same device. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...