device limit... really ?

judgey

I been with emby a few years now but I'm getting "device limit reached" Why is there a limit what difference dose it make to "emby" how many devices I use?

Just so I know and understand because spending more money well not more money I mean a lot more money for extra devices sort of kills emby for me. 

I'm not kicking off i just want to understand why there is a limit, most of my devices were old browser logins and now you want a lot of money for more devices.

Thanks

Hi.  We are designed and licensed as a personal media server for a single household.  Our standard device limit is enough for the vast majority in that situation.  We do have some larger options if you wish but this is limited to a top end of 75.

The main reason for the limit is actually to discourage people from trying to use our platform for an illegal streaming solution.

3 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  We are designed and licensed as a personal media server for a single household.  Our standard device limit is enough for the vast majority in that situation.  We do have some larger options if you wish but this is limited to a top end of 75.

The main reason for the limit is actually to discourage people from trying to use our platform for an illegal streaming solution.

Hey, thanks for the update such a shame.

Thanks again have a great new year

Audiomixer

@ebr curious if there is a way to reset shared devices or do devices cease being on the list if not used for a certain time?

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, Audiomixer said:

do devices cease being on the list if not used for a certain time?

They'll drop off the list after abt. week of inactivity. 

Audiomixer
Just now, GrimReaper said:

They'll drop off the list after abt. week of inactivity. 

Thats what i thought.