PLAYBACK ONLY VIA CAST, NOT ON DEVICE

Wobzy

Hey guys,

I've just installed Emby on a new iPad.

Loaded the server, signed into user ok.

However playback on the device directs me to the unlock feature page.

I can playback without issue when I cast to TV.

I think I had this issue previously when I changed device last time around, but don't remember the fix.

I did make the one time purchase in order to utilitize remote playback, but that was on my Android, and this isn't even remote I'm on the local network.

Thanks in advance.

Edit; also, selecting "restore purchase" > "I have purchased this app" does nothing, just redirects back to unlock main page.

Edited by Wobzy
Forgot to include all info.

GrimReaper
1 hour ago, Wobzy said:

I've just installed Emby on a new iPad.

Loaded the server, signed into user ok.

However playback on the device directs me to the unlock feature page.

Mobile apps (both iOS and Android) require either Premiere subscription or App unlock for full playback.

Emby Premiere Feature Matrix

image.png.d68b14d595f573104d1ba87fb9c36bde.png

1 hour ago, Wobzy said:

I did make the one time purchase in order to utilitize remote playback, but that was on my Android, and this isn't even remote I'm on the local network.

Unlocks are made per-store (i.e. Google Play, Apple App store, Amazon App store) and are tied to respective account in that store; they don't carry-over between different stores; also, unlock doesn't apply to remote playback only but to local playback as well.

• Agree 1

On 30/12/2022 at 00:32, GrimReaper said:

Mobile apps (both iOS and Android) require either Premiere subscription or App unlock for full playback.

Emby Premiere Feature Matrix

image.png.d68b14d595f573104d1ba87fb9c36bde.png

Unlocks are made per-store (i.e. Google Play, Apple App store, Amazon App store) and are tied to respective account in that store; they don't carry-over between different stores; also, unlock doesn't apply to remote playback only but to local playback as well.

Cheers bud.