Emby Server w/ Open VPN Integration

davidawarner

davidawarner

Friends, 

I am running pfSense firewall configured with VPN tunnel utilizing OPEN VPN. No problems connecting through my tunnel and accessing Emby server
and streaming. If it is on my phone, remote tv, computer, it works flawlessly. 

Currently, I own two homes 2,100 miles a part from one another. Our main home is where I am running pfSense /vpn tunnel along with my Synology DS720+ NAS.
Our other home I am slowing starting to setup the network. Eventually,  I will run another pfSense server and connect both homes VPN. 

But in the meantime, I was wondering if the Emby client has a a plugin integration with OPEN VPN?  Rather than using my openvpn client, or firewall to connect the tunnel.
Looked at the plugins, google, various methods I don't think it does but thought I would ask.

Please advise

dw

Edited by davidawarner

davidawarner

Looks like you didn't read my entire post. once I have my other home network configured and setup with pFsense, I will create the tunnel.

For now, wondering if EMBY has it's built in VPN plugin.

Thank You for your help

dw

davidawarner

np.. just be nice to have a built in vpn client with emby. 

for now, i have been using OPENVPN to connect to my pfSense firewall and then launching EMBY. Works like a charm so I started to think
if there was a built in VPN client that would be helpful. A lot these smart tvs don't allow VPNs and I get it which is at the firewall level creating the
tunnel.

thank you

dw

• Thanks 1