how to show video filename in ATV

justinrh

7 minutes ago, justinrh said:

Is there a way to show the video filename in ATV when looking at the video details?

The file name, yes, but just the name - not the full path.

Turn on the option to "Show additional media details" in the settings.

image.png

justinrh

Okaaay.  I already have this turned on.  I didn't realize that was the filename, because it is not, really.  It says "Avatar (Mpegts)" but the filename is "Avatar (2009).ts".  Then, I have something like "Avatar (2009) MP4 HB.mp4" and Emby just shows "MP4 HB (MP4).  Neither is the filename; not even close.

Do I need to make an enhancement request to get the actual filename?

It is showing the actual file name - just not the path nor extension.  Instead of extension, it shows the container type.  TS = MpegTs.

justinrh

I understand the Mpegts part.  But it is NOT showing the filename.

"Avatar (2009)" != "Avatar"

"Avatar (2009) MKV HB" != "MKV HB"

Now, it seems if the filename is so whack that Emby can't figure out what movie it is, it will show the name as you say it does.  Otherwise, it tries to be smart.

justinrh

Sure.  I have 3.2.44 installed.  Nothing about the filename shows.  But you can test this better than I, I presume.  There is nothing special about my environment.

4 hours ago, justinrh said:

Sure.  I have 3.2.44 installed.  Nothing about the filename shows.  But you can test this better than I, I presume.  There is nothing special about my environment.

Can you try updating it to the latest version? Thanks.

justinrh

No.  It is too much hassle.  Why can't Emby test it?

When will we stop the 'try sideloading the Android app' game?

• 3 weeks later...
swallman

I just tried this myself on the sideloaded Android app and it does show the entire filename (along with path).  The Fire TV app does not show the filename properly at all - in my case it appears to be truncated (and has periods removed).

Much prefer having the proper filename and full path.

I also noticed quite a bit of difference in the UI between the 2 apps (with the Fire TV UI preferred) - which one will become the default?  Or will they always be quite a bit different?

GrimReaper
5 minutes ago, swallman said:

which one will become the default?

Standard Android app , to number of users' chagrin (myself included), preferring native AndroidTV app behavior and UI.

swallman
7 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Standard Android app , to number of users' chagrin (myself included), preferring native AndroidTV app behavior and UI.

So people prefer this grey ugliness (Android TV version)?

image.thumb.jpeg.bb1d8b4c32dfedbcd5d59c0bbebb4036.jpeg

vs. this one (Fire TV version)?

image.thumb.jpeg.f2015a64a8a74d8aaee215933bd57743.jpeg

In all honestly, the 2nd one looks much more professional - thinking the grey is kinda old/dated.

GrimReaper

I think you're mixing versions, upper screenshot is Standard Android app, soon to replace native AndroidTV app (lower screenshot), that runs on AndroidTV and FireTV devices. 

swallman
22 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

I think you're mixing versions, upper screenshot is Standard Android app, soon to replace native AndroidTV app (lower screenshot), that runs on AndroidTV and FireTV devices. 

Yeah that's what I mean - the current native AndroidTV app (what's available in the Amazon app store) looks a lot better than the new version (upper screenshot).  At least IMHO...

And this looks pretty silly on a 65" TV - I mean it's nice to have the options there but presentation looks ancient...

image.thumb.jpeg.039889d4fd56f59d515bf1ab2ef7bf8b.jpeg

• Agree 3

GrimReaper
9 minutes ago, swallman said:

Yeah that's what I mean - the current native AndroidTV app (what's available in the Amazon app store) looks a lot better than the new version (upper screenshot).

Completely agree, as stated:

1 hour ago, GrimReaper said:

to number of users' chagrin (myself included), preferring native AndroidTV app behavior and UI.