Where did Status go?

Trevor68
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Trevor68

Hi,

Can we no longer filter our tv series by Ended or Continuing? Filter is missing in both the web and android apps here, server version 4.7.11.0 

• Solution

Hi, that's not intended. That got lost in the shuffle of other changes to the filter dialog. We'll restore it. Thanks.

• 1 year later...
Trevor68

Mmm, do you have a screenshot? It never reappeared for me. 

This is all I see. 

Screenshot 2024-01-26 083432.png

Edited by Trevor68

It has been added to the upcoming 4.8 server release. I don't recall if it got backported to a 4.7 maintenance update. But just click the filter button on the Shows tab of your TV library.

Trevor68

Erm yep, that is what your looking at in the screenshot, so the answer is no then. 

2 minutes ago, Trevor68 said:

Erm yep, that is what your looking at in the screenshot, so the answer is no then. 

Not for your 4.7 web app, but many Emby apps have already gotten this via their own updates.

Trevor68

Correct, not back ported to 4.7, so never fixed. Thanks for confirming, I thought I was going mad there for a bit.

Edited by Trevor68

• 2 weeks later...
Trevor68
On 26/01/2024 at 09:21, Luke said:

Not for your 4.7 web app, but many Emby apps have already gotten this via their own updates.

So I have checked both the Android and the Android TV apps, and filtering by ended status is not present. 

Do you think ANY apps actually got this? 

Trevor68

Ah found it in the Android app once I scrolled far enough. Still does not exist in the Android TV app though, so not in anything I actually use. 

I imagine updating will to 4.8 will not fix either if it is app based then? Or maybe just the web app? 

7 minutes ago, Trevor68 said:

Ah found it in the Android app once I scrolled far enough. Still does not exist in the Android TV app though, so not in anything I actually use. 

I imagine updating will to 4.8 will not fix either if it is app based then? Or maybe just the web app? 

Right, it was always app based because the capability has been in the server all along, that's why some apps got it long before the 4.8 release.

Trevor68

Right, but it did exist in the 4.7 web app, then got removed. then you promised to add it back.

Trevor68
On 26/12/2022 at 14:52, Luke said:

Hi, that's not intended. That got lost in the shuffle of other changes to the filter dialog. We'll restore it. Thanks.

Updating my mostly working setup to 4.8 is not tempting, I am unsure why you never added it back in the first place though. There has been several maintenance releases to 4.7 since this was broken. 

Edited by Trevor68

9 minutes ago, Trevor68 said:

Right, but it did exist in the 4.7 web app, then got removed. then you promised to add it back.

Yea it was inadvertent. I did promise that, and I apologize that the 4.8 release took as long as it did.