emby server not showing up in my emby app on Shield Pro

VAGOS
Go to solution Solved by VAGOS,

Hi

I had an old emby server on my desktop and I wanted to put it in my laptop that I got.   I installed emby server on my new laptop and loaded all the folders one by one.  It shows me the in home lan access and it it shows all my movies and TV shows as well, runs perfectly on my laptop.  Now when I go to emby on my shield pro it won't recognize my server on my laptop it only shows my old PC but can't connect to it since it's gone from that PC.  How do I get emby app to see my new emby server on my laptop.  I have tried everything and to no avail, nothing.  I have given up.  

There is no VPN connected, I am on the same network as I was before as well.  Nothing has changed except everything is now on my new laptop.  Sheild pro emby app refuses to see the new emby server.

I even entered the sever address as per emby server on laptop and still refuses to see it.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thank you.

Edited by VAGOS

Hi, what exactly happens when you enter the address manually? And what did you enter?

Are you able to connect from other devices such as a smart phone?

• Thanks 1

• Solution

Thank you for the replies guys.  Figured it out.  I didn't have media sharing on, on my home network.  It's a new laptop so windows always has everything set to off. totally forgot about that.  Now it's seeing it the server.  Its working.

• Thanks 1