Tizen App (Dec 17 release) v1.49 (I guess)

RandomKidTizem

RandomKidTizem

I am new here, signed up just to say the new Samsung App released on Dec 17 on GitHub page might be broken. 
All my 4K HDR movies played directly on previous version, but on this version they are transcoding HLS. I don’t know why? And they look so greyed out, colorless and horrible. I tried installing the Nov 17 version but the tv didn’t install and gave some certificate expiry message. Is there a possibility to revert changes? Because the previous app was working great.

RandomKidTizem

I don’t know how to do it, can you compare the Nov 17 version and Dec 13 version and see what differences they have? The Nov17 worked Flawlessly on the QN90A

There haven’t been any changes between those versions that would change the playback method

Make a new playback and take note of the current time

Then go to the server and access the logs in the server settings.  Please post any ffmpeg or server logs created around or since the time of the test.  This is the only way we’ll know for sure why the playback has changed  

• 2 weeks later...

TV:. UN65RU8000FXZA

I'm having the same issue on a Samsung TV.  Since v1.2.6 I've had to USB install monthly. (Cry)

Installed 1.4.9 (Dec) and I can't play anything.  Rolled back to previous (1.4.8? Nov) and I get the 30 day validity response.

Installed Samsung store version 1.2.6 (Apr) same playback issue.

Being that it's 2023 I'm guessing there's an issue between Samsung and let's encrypt certs?  Certs in general?

@RandomKidTizem are you using a LE certificate?

6 minutes ago, Nyko said:

TV:. UN65RU8000FXZA

I'm having the same issue on a Samsung TV.  Since v1.2.6 I've had to USB install monthly. (Cry)

Installed 1.4.9 (Dec) and I can't play anything.  Rolled back to previous (1.4.8? Nov) and I get the 30 day validity response.

Installed Samsung store version 1.2.6 (Apr) same playback issue.

Being that it's 2023 I'm guessing there's an issue between Samsung and let's encrypt certs?  Certs in general?

@RandomKidTizem are you using a LE certificate?

Hi, have you tried over plain http for comparison purposes?