No Digital Signature

mudbaby

Does any one have an idea why this app does not have a digital signature .

QNAP gives a warning on this app not have a digital signature when it get installed or when it gets updated.

Does not effect the application but would be nice if the company/developers sign their product so you know it is actually from them.

Thanks

HI, unfortunately it's not as simple as any app being able to sign themselves. We're not yet approved for the QNAP app store so so that is the reason you get this message. It is something we are working towards though. Thanks.

I've been running 4.7.11.0 for a few days and got the error below related to digital signatures today.  Emby has been running fine on this version since I installed it. Haven't seen this before.  I was able to restart Emby server, but wondering if this is going to keep happening.

On QTS 5.0.1.2248

emby_qnap_error.jpg

Edited by rawToe

2 hours ago, rawToe said:

I've been running 4.7.11.0 for a few days and got the error below related to digital signatures today.  Emby has been running fine on this version since I installed it. Haven't seen this before.  I was able to restart Emby server, but wondering if this is going to keep happening.

On QTS 5.0.1.2248

emby_qnap_error.jpg

Hi, did you follow the instructions here?

https://emby.media/qnap-server.html

Please note you may have to do it again anytime qts updates itself.