image not showing on Google TV Home movie recommendation.

natulwesnu
Go to solution Solved by natulwesnu,

natulwesnu

Hi Everyone,

I tried to connect to my server using Emby for Android TV on my TV with Google TV OS.
Everything is working properly, but i have only one issue that is the Movie Picture not showing on Google TV Home movie recommendation.
For the details you can see it on the picture and the logs file that attached.

image.thumb.png.13ec576b8c3f4e194871c47be7929aec.png

embyserver.txt

Hi.  Do you have thumb images for your items?  What shows up when you focus on one of those items in that row?

natulwesnu

Hi,

Yes i have the thumb images for all of the items (it's auto-downloaded) here is the example.

image.thumb.png.19f5f89ca7c5ed1fac9d32dc23e0b593.png

When i tried to focus with the item, it's only show the title of the items and a blank image.

image.thumb.png.f0855f6834a4511a8551a3b27cb554df.png

Actually it's function like normal, if i click the item, it will take me to the emby and open the correct item. But the image just not showing on the row of Google TV Homepage. I think it's like a bug or an error from emby because the other apps can showing the image properly.

• Solution
natulwesnu

UPDATE:
So I did some experiments, and among the experiments, I finally figured out how to fix it.

1. First, secure your Emby server using SSL (You can follow this guide)
  2. Open your Emby server from Web Browser and go to "Settings > Network" menu, change "External domain" to your domain e.g "emby.example.com" and set "Secure connection mode" to "Required for all remote connections"
  3. Open your Emby for Android TV app, and login using domain following with the https, for example "https://emby.example.com" with port "8920"
  4. And voila! image now showing on your Google TV Home. If the image not showing try to uninstall and reinstall your Emby for Android TV app and repeat the Step No. 3

image.thumb.png.465997e81798938355b7989609b77d3d.png

I am very happy that this issue has been resolved, but I am still not sure what caused this issue. However, I suspect that Google TV requires a "Secure Network" to be able to display the image on the Google TV Homepage, because when I use an IP without a Secure Network enabled, the image does not appear. Can anyone confirm this?

• Thanks 1

I am able to get images over plain http so it must be some other nuance but you are on the right track I'm sure.  Something in your environment was not allowing the images over non-SSL.

• 2 weeks later...
CentWind

I had the same problem. Chromecast with Google TV, Android TV OS 12

not only emby has the problem, IQIYI has the same.

Maybe I'm now in China? So some network problem cause the issue.

CentWind
2 hours ago, CentWind said:

I had the same problem. Chromecast with Google TV, Android TV OS 12

not only emby has the problem, IQIYI has the same.

Maybe I'm now in China? So some network problem cause the issue.

I just try PLEX and Jellyfin, these two app can show the picture.

So I have no idea about this problem

• 2 weeks later...