No syncro audio/video transcoding DTS to AC3 in LG APP

ManelN7

It happens with DTS audio. I know that with Ac3 there is no problem.
I have tried from Apple TV 2018 and it does not transcode, 
but the ATV output to the sound bar leaves it in Dolby Audio (if I do not configure ATV dolby atmos)
or pcm if dolby atmos is configured. I have Smart LG G2 and with the emby app for lg it does transcode because the app or the lg base doesn't allow it, 
but when passing the audio to AC3 it doesn't sync.
Records attached.  
Is it an app problem? Of the speed of the lan in LG or server F5 221 Terramaster

Thanks

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-remux-7f97c425-99f9-4742-a6fa-fd5d19290187_1.txt

Hey,

Can Confirm this issue.

Audio and Video is not sync in 4k resolution or auto.

If i go to 1080p 6mbs it is in sync but no HDR.

It seems like there is a problem in the LG App. other devices (android,shield etc.) dont have this problem

• Like 1

Painkiller8818

i also can confirm this issue.

What i can say is that those movies in the first 10-30seconds speeds up the image so i think this causes the A/V async symptom.
I tried this with a lot of my 4K movies and it is always the same, it starts normal and after a few seconds the video speeds up for a few seconds, and after that it runs in normal speed but A/V is async because of that.

No Problems with AC3 or E-AC3.

I haven't checked TrueHD, but i will check them, for now i can say, DTS and all DTS HD Versions are affected.

Edited by Painkiller8818
  • Like 1

Painkiller8818

UPDATE: This also happens to Movies with TRUEHD Audio if they needs transcoding.

You can clearly see the video speeding up in the first few seconds and A/V is asynchron after that.

Painkiller8818
1 hour ago, ManelN said:

Hi!
Is this problem caused by the LG app or could it be a transcoding problem?

This problem should be fixed quickly.

Must be a LG App Problem as i just switched to LG from Samsung and i didn't have the same issues on Samsung App with the same Server version.

Hi! Luke

When you can solve the problem of synchronization between audio and video by transcoding.

Also to say that both the lg app should improve and the Apple TV app should be like the android app. Change of user and interface

Painkiller8818

Updating to the new app version solves it for me but forces to transcode  4k movie to non hdr h264 on unsupported audio codec

but this is opened in another thread

Edited by Painkiller8818
  • Like 1

Ok NOW works for me 🤷‍♂️.

I don't know why now it works but it does. Transcodes into h264 and audio to AC3. The audio does it with a fork of 368 and it could be much better but it works. I have the nvidia shield tv pro purchased to baypass these problems but if this works, I will return it.

Painkiller8818
9 hours ago, ManelN7 said:

Ok NOW works for me 🤷‍♂️.

I don't know why now it works but it does. Transcodes into h264 and audio to AC3. The audio does it with a fork of 368 and it could be much better but it works. I have the nvidia shield tv pro purchased to baypass these problems but if this works, I will return it.

before you return it, test if you have a 4k movie and play this one, actually all 4k movies wich have audio codec that needs to be transcoded forces also the movie to transcode to h264 non HDR so actually, only ac3 or eac3 audio 4K movies can be watched.

14 hours ago, Painkiller8818 said:

before you return it, test if you have a 4k movie and play this one, actually all 4k movies wich have audio codec that needs to be transcoded forces also the movie to transcode to h264 non HDR so actually, only ac3 or eac3 audio 4K movies can be watched.

Hello. If the audio is not AC3 it does transcoding. The audio is encoded to AC3 (this is only in the emby app on LG) but it does trancode in h264 but in hdr (my LG brand HDR and it looks the same)
From apple tv 4k 2018 it sends in dolby vision so it does not change to HDR and the encoding is also done to AC3 Dolby audio since I have transferred all the audio to dolby audio eliminating the possibility of dolby atmos. My LG can encode dolby audio and dolby vision through the Apple TV app...
  -Apple tv
-LG G2 evo
-Nvidia shield tv
Too many, I know that nvidia shield tv ends up doing everything (I have it in test) but if I can save the Nvidia better.