Feature Request: Advance library view to a letter

Lonald

Many of us have larger libraries of movies and music.  When you sit down to watch or listen, often it is without a specific title, artist or genre in mind, so you scroll through the library looking for a title that sounds good.

With Emby for Windows and Android, you can select a letter and the library scrolls to that point.  With Emby for AppleTV you must hold down the down arrow and the library scrolls quickly and then stops.  It took me a few tries just to get into the letter B.  Without a function to rapidly advance the library, I can only search what is first, or search on my android phone and then call it up on AppleTV.

Am I missing a trick to this?

Thanks!!!

• 3 weeks later...
dcruff

I've been using Emby for a long time and am wondering what needs to happen to get the Alpha jump control (letters on the side) of the AppleTV client implemented.  The AppleTV client is almost completely unusable with my library of 4000 titles.  I tell everyone not to use the AppleTV client if they don't know the exact title and can therefore use the search feature.

Can you please inform us as to the likelihood of having this feature implemented this year?

On 1/5/2023 at 5:42 PM, dcruff said:

Can you please inform us as to the likelihood of having this feature implemented this year?

Hi, we should be able to, yes.