Tuner TV per Emby

Pietrogramma

Pietrogramma

Come scritto in altro post, non conoscevo Emby, l'ho installato qualche giorno fa e l'ho trovato da subito meraviglioso, tanto che ho sottoscritto immediatamente un piano Lifetime.

Giusto ieri mi è venuta l'idea di utilizzar Emby per vedere la TV a casa, che si sviluppa su due piani e nella quale solo in un piano è prevista una presa TV.

La mia intenzione è quella di potere vedere la TV nelle tre stanze del piano superiore (senza impianto TV), tramite Emby e stavo per comprare lo Happauge HVR930, da collegare al server dov'è installato Emby.
Ho letto, però, che con questo tuner si può vedere un canale TV alla volta, nel senso che se vedo, ad esempio, Rai UNo in cucina, non posso vedere Rai2 in soggiorno, ma devo vedere ovunque lo stesso canale.

Che voi sappiate esiste un tuner economico che mi consente di vedere in ogni TV della casa un canale diverso?
Altra domanda, il tuner che dovrei cmprare l'ho installerei in un Server con debain11, sul quale gira OMV6, quindi deve essere compatibile Linux

Grazie e ciao

Edited by Pietrogramma

Spaceboy

well for three channels you will need three tuners. many ways of achieving this.

1 you could get a splitter https://www.amazon.co.uk/Splitter-Separator-DVB-T-Television-Connector/dp/B0087DF3AY and 3 of your Happauge HVR930s

2 or you could look at something that has more than one tuner in. easiest is the hdhomerun https://shop.silicondust.com/shop/product/hdfx-4dt/ . its a network tuner so no compatibility issues

Pietrogramma

Ciao Spaceboy, innanzitutto grazie per la risposta, probabilmente mi sono espresso male.
Infatti pensavo che si potesse fare in modo che attraverso il server dove è installato Emby, potessi vedere la TV sui vari client Emby sparsi per la casa, utilizzando la funzione Live TV.
Invece, se ho capito bene la tua risposta, dovrei usare uno splitter che mi da un segnale IN dall'antenna mi dia 4 segnali OUT, che poi dovrei portare ad ogni singolo TV, ma questo è impossibile perché la parte della casa dove vedrei la TV non ha un impianto TV (non ci sono cavi).

Speravo di poter utilizzare ogni client Welby (collegato via wifi con il server dove ho inserito il tuner Happauge HVR930) per vedere la TV.
Penso di poter fare tutto questo con HDHomeRun FLEX QUATRO, ma 200$ sono tanti.

Hello Spaceboy, first of all thanks for the reply, I probably expressed myself badly.
In fact, I thought it could be done so that through the server where Emby is installed, I could watch TV on the various Emby clients scattered around the house, using the Live TV function.
Instead, if I understood your answer correctly, I should use a splitter which gives me an IN signal from the antenna and 4 OUT signals which I would then have to bring to each individual TV, but this is impossible because the part of the house where I would see the TV has no TV system (there are no cables).

I was hoping to use every clients Welby (connected -via wifi- with the server where I plugged Happauge HVR930 tuner) for watch the TV .
I think I can do all of this with HDHomeRun FLEX QUATRO, but $200 is a lot

Edited by Pietrogramma

Spaceboy

you mentioned in your 1st post that you want to watch a different channel in every room - the only solution to that is to have a tuner per channel/room. the Happauge HVR930 is described as a triple mode tuner/receiver but it only has one tuner in as far as i can see. the triple refers to DVBT, DVBC and PAL.

therefore you would need 3 of the Happauge HVR930, each in your emby server, each receiving a separate feed, hence needing the splitter. Emby would then be able to access 3 tv streams and send it to your tv's in the way you are already using it.

Pietrogramma
1 hour ago, Spaceboy said:

you mentioned in your 1st post that you want to watch a different channel in every room - the only solution to that is to have a tuner per channel/room. the Happauge HVR930 is described as a triple mode tuner/receiver but it only has one tuner in as far as i can see. the triple refers to DVBT, DVBC and PAL.

therefore you would need 3 of the Happauge HVR930, each in your emby server, each receiving a separate feed, hence needing the splitter. Emby would then be able to access 3 tv streams and send it to your tv's in the way you are already using it.

Perfect, now I understand....thanks very much

Spaceboy

my honest recommendation would be the hdhomerun, hopefully you could pick one up secondhand. they are pretty reliable. and it would leave you an additional stream if you wanted to record anything. the only thing you would need to factor in is needing an additional network connection to get the hdhomerun onto your network