Remote setup without port forwarding

lllmajor1997

lllmajor1997

Has anyone used Twingate to securely connect to Emby? I was reading the Emby remote setup guide and it recommended port forwarding. I'm using T Mobile home internet, so I can't use port forwarding, and I found Twingate which seems to solve this problem. I found this guide for Plex, so I'm assuming it will work if I just use port 8096: https://www.twingate.com/blog/windows-plex-remote-access-without-port-forwarding/

Edited by lllmajor1997

happycamper1982

I have! I actually heard about twingate from a coworker who highly recommended the service. I haven't tried configuring twingate with t mobile home internet, but I'm not a fan of having open ports which made port forwarding a no go for me. Was simple to set up on my Synology using the Docker deployment option. Let me know if you need any help but felt pretty intuitive if you are familiar with Docker. They also mention a couple of other deployment options in their docs: https://www.twingate.com/docs/connector-deployment/

• Like 1

lllmajor1997
15 hours ago, happycamper1982 said:

I have! I actually heard about twingate from a coworker who highly recommended the service. I haven't tried configuring twingate with t mobile home internet, but I'm not a fan of having open ports which made port forwarding a no go for me. Was simple to set up on my Synology using the Docker deployment option. Let me know if you need any help but felt pretty intuitive if you are familiar with Docker. They also mention a couple of other deployment options in their docs: https://www.twingate.com/docs/connector-deployment/

Thanks! I just set it up with docker in less than 30 minutes.

Edited by lllmajor1997
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
simonguillot@yahoo.ca

Hi guys I am at loss

What is the best option? I heard cloudflare is no go.

Now twingate?

I desperately need help to acces my wmby server and file server 

TIA

1 hour ago, simonguillot@yahoo.ca said:

Hi guys I am at loss

What is the best option? I heard cloudflare is no go.

Now twingate?

I desperately need help to acces my wmby server and file server 

TIA

Hi, can't you just configure remote access without cloudfare or twingate? Do you have to use one of those?

Remote Setup

simonguillot@yahoo.ca

I use to have port forwarding to get in.

Now it's not available and I don't know what to do 

simonguillot@yahoo.ca

Oh

Look at that 

It works even without port forwarding 

Thanks for the hints 

• Thanks 1