Scan Media Library never complete when .wtv are present (since last update

lobo683

Hi,

I have a Media Folder that only contains .wtv file (recorded Tv) and since the last update the Scan Media Library always gets stuck there (78% or so) if i remove this Media Folder the scan completes and all is fine.

I've had this Media Folder since the beginning and never had any problems with it until Now.

I tried starting from scrath (deleteing the library.db) and as soon as i had this media folder the scan just hangs there i've waited 48 hours and no change...

anyone have any ideas how i can solve this ? I've looked in the log and i dont see anything special (i've attach a copy of it here)

or if you have a way for the Server to not fetch any metadata for that particular folder that would be fine too as there is none to be found anyway because its recorded tv . (.wtv)

Thanks for any input !

Log.zip

Edited by lobo683

blade005

Hi,

I have a Media Folder that only contains .wtv file (recorded Tv) and since the last update the Scan Media Library always gets stuck there (78% or so) if i remove this Media Folder the scan completes and all is fine.

I've had this Media Folder since the beginning and never had any problems with it until Now.

I tried starting from scrath (deleteing the library.db) and as soon as i had this media folder the scan just hangs there i've waited 48 hours and no change...

anyone have any ideas how i can solve this ? I've looked in the log and i dont see anything special (i've attach a copy of it here)

or if you have a way for the Server to not fetch any metadata for that particular folder that would be fine too as there is none to be found anyway because its recorded tv . (.wtv)

Thanks for any input !

lobo683,

MBS Version: 3.0.5395.0

I moved some of my WTV files into Season folders recently (within in the last week), which started a refresh scan of this library collection that hung up on me overnight.  I shutdown MB  Server and restarted and was able to successfully scan all the way through the library. But, what I have found since then is that all of my WTV files that were previously reported as 1920 x 1080 (1080p) in resolution are now being reported as 704 x 480 (480p) in the media information field. All WTV additions since then are being reported incorrectly as well. Not sure what is being read my ffprobe during library scan, but it is not liking my WTV files lately. This is only an issue with WTV files. MKV and MP4 files are all reported properly.

I know this doesn't help to solve your library scan issue, but just wanted to let you know that I have seen quirky things happening with the scanning of WTV files recently as well.

How many Videos do you have in WTV ? i have over 2TB of Files and after 48hrs of continuous scanning (aldo it look like the machine wasnt doing anything ) the MB Server service would crash and restart so it would never finish.

blade005

How many Videos do you have in WTV ? i have over 2TB of Files and after 48hrs of continuous scanning (aldo it look like the machine wasnt doing anything ) the MB Server service would crash and restart so it would never finish.

lobo683,

Large collection. Around 600 to 700 files.  My library scans are completing, but my issue with incorrect resolutions appears to be an issue with the version of ffmpeg and ffprobe that are being used by Mediabrowser server. They are reading the WTV files and returning a resolution of 704 x 480 for files that are actually 1920 x 1080.

The scans can take awhile on large collections, especially if you have Chapter Image Extraction turned on.  You might want to try turning this off, if you have it on in the Mediabrowser server. It can be found under METADATA - ADVANCED - CHAPTERS in the WebUI.  If this is where it is hanging, at least you can try and get it to complete a library scan and then investigate further. Just a suggestion.

Edited by blade005