Connect to Synology Directory Server using LDAP plugin

gigasnow

gigasnow

Hi, the synology directory server needs gss-api on port 389 or ssl with specified username and credentials on port 636 to login. I have successfully login using LDAP Admin through ssl, but when I turned to the emby LDAP configuration, I failed with the log message: ‘comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 52e, v1db1’, which means the credential is wrong.

I believe the reason is that the Synology directory server only allows username@domain to login. May I ask how to set the specified username in Emby LDAP, or how to implement it in the Bind DN?

Many thanks!

gigasnow
11 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, the username corresponds to the username in your emby server. I've never tried to set this up with Synology directory server but does this help?

https://kb.synology.com/en-br/DSM/help/DirectoryServer/ldap_server?version=7

Thanks for your reply! There are two directory packages in Synology, this article is talking about LDAP server, while the one I used is Synology Directory Server. 
It only allows username@domain:credential to login, while using ssl simple authentication on port 636. But in the LDAP plugin of Emby, the username is fixed in the Bind DN, and can’t be customized. 
I tried to add uid=username@domain and E=username@domain in the Bind DN, but both didn’t work. 
If the plugin allowed me to configure just as the LDAP admin shown in the picture, it would work. 

686C2841-DEAC-4119-B533-A4CF45C5F404.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
gigasnow

It is definitely the Synology's problem. I switched to Windows AD, and used administrator@domain as Bind DN. It worked.

• Thanks 1