Emby-Next-Gen Kodi problems

Chalklands
Go to solution Solved by quickmic,

Chalklands

Scratching my head over this. @quickmic

1, I've had this addon installed for a while but haven't used it for a while.

I went through a process of uninstalling unused addons a couple of weeks ago including emby.

Anyway, I decided I want to use it for some of my libraries and reinstalled the next gen addon. In theory this is a fresh install.

installed it , gone into configure and added the libraries I want to use and restarted kodi

If I now to into my kodi addons and open emby-next-gen I get this message:

Add-on required Emby - To use this feature you must download an add-on. Would you like to download this addon?

If I click Yes, nothing seems to happen and the message above reappears in a few seconds. Sure I've never seen this message before for emby. What is it trying to download?

2, Also, I'm trying to add a single emby library (Documentaries) to the menu in my skin (Aeon MQ8). Any idea how to add a single emby library to my menu? I've gone into video nodes in the menu set up in the skin but all that is showing is Emby Favourite Episodes, Emby Favourite Movies  and Emby Favourite Shows. Can't work out how to get it to point to documentaries. Should I create a favourite and do it that way?

I'm using Kodi v 19.4 on a Nvidia Shield TV. The emby-next-gen version is 6.2.22. Emby is on a Synology DS218 NAS and works fine on the Shield emby app.

Thanks

quickmic
5 hours ago, Chalklands said:

Scratching my head over this. @quickmic

1, I've had this addon installed for a while but haven't used it for a while.

I went through a process of uninstalling unused addons a couple of weeks ago including emby.

Anyway, I decided I want to use it for some of my libraries and reinstalled the next gen addon. In theory this is a fresh install.

installed it , gone into configure and added the libraries I want to use and restarted kodi

If I now to into my kodi addons and open emby-next-gen I get this message:

Add-on required Emby - To use this feature you must download an add-on. Would you like to download this addon?

If I click Yes, nothing seems to happen and the message above reappears in a few seconds. Sure I've never seen this message before for emby. What is it trying to download?

2, Also, I'm trying to add a single emby library (Documentaries) to the menu in my skin (Aeon MQ8). Any idea how to add a single emby library to my menu? I've gone into video nodes in the menu set up in the skin but all that is showing is Emby Favourite Episodes, Emby Favourite Movies  and Emby Favourite Shows. Can't work out how to get it to point to documentaries. Should I create a favourite and do it that way?

I'm using Kodi v 19.4 on a Nvidia Shield TV. The emby-next-gen version is 6.2.22. Emby is on a Synology DS218 NAS and works fine on the Shield emby app.

Thanks

Please send me a kodi.log for review, but obviously some is broken in the plugin installation. btw, Emby server version do you use?

Also try latest 7.X version.

Chalklands
14 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Please send me a kodi.log for review, but obviously some is broken in the plugin installation. btw, Emby server version do you use?

Also try latest 7.X version.

Thanks for the reply.

The version I am running is 6.2.22. Is there a link to download the latest version? 

Server version on my nas is 4.7.8.0 

quickmic

Yes, on purpose. There was a disclaimer. -> resync mandatory.

Edited by quickmic