How to Specify Path Using PotPlayer as External Player

Barbablanca
Go to solution Solved by Barbablanca,

Barbablanca

But just typing in "{path}" doesn't work. Doesn't there need to be am environmental variable to point the player to the correct media file?

GrimReaper
7 minutes ago, Barbablanca said:

But just typing in "{path}" doesn't work.

Works for me. That is the variable. 

Barbablanca

I still get an error message "type Error: cannot read property 'toString' of undefined' and I changed my parameters to what you suggested

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, Barbablanca said:

I still get an error message "type Error: cannot read property 'toString' of undefined' and I changed my parameters to what you suggested

Are you sure you've entered full path to the player (including executable) and not only folders?

Barbablanca

Yes. Now the player launches, but I get a message about "failed to start playback. Unable to connect to the requested server"

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, Barbablanca said:

All my media is on local drives. Emby is set up to play internet trailers before the main attraction.

Then check your firewall settings or disable those internet trailers.

GrimReaper

Are you sure you've disabled trailers as PotPlayer shouldn't be trying to connect externally then and you shouldn't be getting "Unable to connect to the requested server" error since you're playing local content?

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, Barbablanca said:

I disabled Cinema Intros, but the trailers still attempt to load

If you disabled Cinema Intros, trailers should not attempt to play. Are you using some other plugin, like Vantage Point?

Did you research the potplayer command line? What did you find? Does it even support the command line arguments in this format?

Barbablanca

After all of this I finally managed to get Emby playing files using PotPlayer, BUT it appears that the original media file isn't being played because the Dolby Digital/DTS display isn't being triggered on my receiver which implies that a stream is being played.

If you make sure the emby theater machine can directly access the path used in emby server library setup and then it will pass the original file path to the external player.

• Solution
Barbablanca

My bad 🙄...I overlooked the audio settings menu where which formats such as EAC3, DTS, DTS-HD, etc can be set for pass through. Everything working as it should. Thanks for the help.

• Thanks 1