Imdb Person / Actor / Actress ID Helper

mickle026

mickle026

765595851_Screenshot2022-12-16at21-29-25Emby.png.f47324aa13c53645fb875e3f26a70fcb.png

*Updated* v 1.0.0.7 - should work on all Emby versions/platforms - just put the dll in the plugins directory.

Fixed issue where links were being disguarded if the link contained "quotes", this will speed up load times where disguarded links were valid as the check will succeed and the plugin will stop looking instead of trying to verify a second link (more time).  It wont make any difference to invalid link verification speed.

How to use:  Click on an Empty person image to trigger it.  If it finds a link with a valid id (imdb id), then data and or image should load shortly.

*A Caveat - it is possible that the wrong actor with the same name can be identified as correct*

I have tested it here and it works well for me, please feel free to test it further.  Nothing to configure or enable and it is seemless.

I accept no responsibilty for anything if you choose to use it, its all on you to check legallity in your country!

What this does:

1. It looks on google search engine for imdb links that contain the actor you are looking at or refreshing metadata on.
2. It collects links of possibles.
3. It only visits the links that might be valid and checks if the persons name is found in the actor page in order to verify it is valid.
4. It updates the provider Id (if found)
5. It writes a log file.

Why does this help?

Other metadata plugins if installed will use this id to get data such as tvmaze, themoviedb etc.

This plugin might introduce a delay on person loading if *any* metadata is missing for that person.

What it doesn't do:

1. It does not fetch any data on people, it only fetches the nm****** id code.

It is technically a webscraper, athough intrusion is minimal - so it probably will not be allowed in the catalogue.

What it might do:

1. Slow down library scans if it comes across missing people metadata..

Success rate for me is very high at identifying more people than movidb, tvmaze,tvdb alone! 😜

UPDATE 18.01.2023

Uploaded same plugin but queries Bing instead, seems faster and more reliable.  I have a feeling Google when logged in on a browser in your home network might ip block the original version from its servers, as the Bing one gets more results than the google one -- odd but seems to be tue.

IMDB ID Helper.zip  IMDB ID Helper(bing).zip

Edited by mickle026
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

mickle026

Updated to fix an issue with valid links containing quotes, should speed it up where links are valid as it will only do 1 link check instead of 2 (approx 50% speed increase when valid)

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...